1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another scam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by threecats, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Bingo Camera. Name is scary enough but D700 body 1850.00 free shipping.
    Nothing is excluded. Now just what could this scam entail? Even if you add the 300 rebate thats still 550 less than B&H.
    I'm not buying, just very curious what they could be doing.

hmmmmm reseller ratings is killing them

2. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
  3. Yeah as I wrote, I read the ratings. Sad. What's really sad is how many people fall in these traps. Had a lady call me the other day asking how much I charge for freon, etc. She was checking the other guy who already did the work. I just said sorry I can't help you with that info.
    I'll bet anything she used a coupon for the cheapest service call in town.
    price
    quality
    service

"Choose two"

4. Thats only 300 more then a d300.

definately not a scam :tongue:

and i guarentee the two people who gave them 5 check ratings are from the company just making them look better, even though out of 20 two people gave 5's and 18 gave 1's

5. Yup--some of these folks have probably earned the right to be mentioned in this post: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=239563

:biggrin::frown::eek: 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. garyosborne

garyosborne Guest

me neither...is it some sort of secret swinging section?

8. The thread in question was removed; not for objectionable material but because of a rash of 'have you seen this?" type threads being started recently. They are the kind 'friends' bombard you with in emails that seem to circulate around the internet forever.

The intent of the General forum is to enable members to get to know one another but not serve as a social networking alternative for Cafe members. Here's the owner's note in the Cafe Rules about them.

9. Thank you Rich, I was starting to wonder, it was the second time in two weeks I clicked on a link in a thread and it told me I wasn't authorized to see it. The first time I figured the thread was deleted, the second time I started to wonder if I was missing something. :biggrin:

10. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Hey, give him some credit. Bingo's ratings are twice what his last company's ratings were. He's a solid 1.02 up from .56. You try doubling your satisfaction score so dramatically! ;-}

11. That has got to be the worst-named camera store name ever... lol Bingo Camera?? As in, "Bingo we got your money!" :biggrin:

12. I know. I guess had I read the reviews before posting I would not have bothered. Well if nothing else it may help someone who is not familiar with "Reseller Ratings".

13. Joves

Joves

Feb 10, 2009
    Nowhereland
    Well they are at .98 when I looked. I love reading the feedback on these sites, it is like seeing a train wreck you dont really want to look but, you just have to.
    Cant we have a stickie with the title Before you buy on-line and, just have the reseller ratings link with no replies allowed in it. It might cut down on some of the posts asking about too good to be trues.

14. It wouldn't make a difference. Someone looking to save twenty bucks wouldn't check the stickie any more than they would check the reseller ratings. :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.