Another scam?

Bingo Camera. Name is scary enough but D700 body 1850.00 free shipping.
Nothing is excluded. Now just what could this scam entail? Even if you add the 300 rebate thats still 550 less than B&H.
I'm not buying, just very curious what they could be doing.

hmmmmm reseller ratings is killing them

Yeah as I wrote, I read the ratings. Sad. What's really sad is how many people fall in these traps. Had a lady call me the other day asking how much I charge for freon, etc. She was checking the other guy who already did the work. I just said sorry I can't help you with that info.
I'll bet anything she used a coupon for the cheapest service call in town.
price
quality
service

"Choose two"

Thats only 300 more then a d300.

definately not a scam :tongue:

and i guarentee the two people who gave them 5 check ratings are from the company just making them look better, even though out of 20 two people gave 5's and 18 gave 1's

Yeah as I wrote, I read the ratings. Sad. What's really sad is how many people fall in these traps. Had a lady call me the other day asking how much I charge for freon, etc. She was checking the other guy who already did the work. I just said sorry I can't help you with that info.
I'll bet anything she used a coupon for the cheapest service call in town.
price
quality
service

"Choose two"

Yup--some of these folks have probably earned the right to be mentioned in this post: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=239563

:biggrin::frown::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

garyosborne

me neither...is it some sort of secret swinging section?

The thread in question was removed; not for objectionable material but because of a rash of 'have you seen this?" type threads being started recently. They are the kind 'friends' bombard you with in emails that seem to circulate around the internet forever.

The intent of the General forum is to enable members to get to know one another but not serve as a social networking alternative for Cafe members. Here's the owner's note in the Cafe Rules about them.

I would guess that each of us have had a friend, brother, acquaintance, etc., that has chosen to “enlighten us” with all manner of jokes, political themes from the left or right, marriage counseling articles, male/female articles, and yes, even how many times to use a towel before washing it. My Email inbox is inundated with such things to the point that it has become necessary to block them with my spam blocker. As our membership has grown our General Forum has taken on the role of our inbox, oft times to the detriment of the Café.

The general forum can be used for non photographic discussions when in accordance with the policies of the Café; however, threads prone to controversy, disrespectful arguing, or blog like random thought discussions will be moderated. After all, the Nikon Café was never intended to be a MySpace or Facebook Community.

Sharing personal experiences in the General Forum helps us to become better acquainted and makes for a friendlier place. Other off topic threads can also be enjoyable but they need to be looked at in light of the family oriented audience that frequents the Café. We ask that each of you be self moderating when it comes to the General or other off topic forums on the Café in both content and quantity of off topic discussions. Superfluous off-topic threads may be moderated.

The thread in question was removed...
Thank you Rich, I was starting to wonder, it was the second time in two weeks I clicked on a link in a thread and it told me I wasn't authorized to see it. The first time I figured the thread was deleted, the second time I started to wonder if I was missing something. :biggrin:

Hey, give him some credit. Bingo's ratings are twice what his last company's ratings were. He's a solid 1.02 up from .56. You try doubling your satisfaction score so dramatically! ;-}

That has got to be the worst-named camera store name ever... lol Bingo Camera?? As in, "Bingo we got your money!" :biggrin:

Well they are at .98 when I looked. I love reading the feedback on these sites, it is like seeing a train wreck you dont really want to look but, you just have to.
Cant we have a stickie with the title Before you buy on-line and, just have the reseller ratings link with no replies allowed in it. It might cut down on some of the posts asking about too good to be trues.

Well they are at .98 when I looked. I love reading the feedback on these sites, it is like seeing a train wreck you dont really want to look but, you just have to.
Cant we have a stickie with the title Before you buy on-line and, just have the reseller ratings link with no replies allowed in it. It might cut down on some of the posts asking about too good to be trues.
It wouldn't make a difference. Someone looking to save twenty bucks wouldn't check the stickie any more than they would check the reseller ratings. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom