Another set of flowers in display

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Mar 10, 2005.

1. In winter, Montreal Botanical garden's greenhouses are my favourite place to experiment newly learned techniques. Flowers always stand still and I'm not freezing my ....:D

BW

2. WOW!! Very impressive photography Dao!! Those two pictures are very pleasing!! Thank you for sharing those with the Cafe!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. I really like the natural light and composition of the 2nd image Dao. Nicely done. What is the frosted background?

4. Bryan. Thanks for the kind words.

5. Gordon. The background is created in PS to replace the original ugly one (spoiled glass windows of the greenhouse).

Here's what I have done:
    1.- delete the original background afeter isolating it
    2.- fill it with a middle tone gray
    3.- Add noise (Filter->Noise->Add noise - 10%, gaussian and monochrome)
    4.- Create a mesh like effect (Filter ->Brushe strokes -> Angle strokes- Direction balance : 50, Strole lenght `15, Sharpness :3)

PS is great to turn a good picture into an attractive one.

6. Thanks Dao, just the other day I added a background to an image by first removing the oringinal and then inserting another more pleasing image behind the main subject. I will have to try your version.

7. Gordon. I'm sorry I mixed up with another backgound change. In this one, I didin't do the first 2 steps. Instead, I isolated the background and made it darker by adjusting the brightness and contrast (that why you can see dark and light areas in the background). Then I added noise and did the mesh trick.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Beautiful, are these at your home?

Never knew how much I'd miss seeing real flowers. Stupid winter!