Another shot from yesterday

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by lowlight_junkie, Jan 3, 2006.

1. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    You may be seeing a theme in my shots, as my name suggests I do like the darker ones. Maybe I'm a vampire or something!
    [​IMG]

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great

Love this - it has loads of mood about it.

Great image

All the best

Ray

3. Very nice...love the mood :smile: the fog is real..??? :confused:

4. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Thanks Guys, the fog is in fact the wave motion of the long exposure. The white parts are where the waves where breaking. In fact it was a very clear evening.

5. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Chaz - just wondered................do you like?

I love this shot - came up with this.......

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

6. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Again Ray I love it, It brings a real etherial mood to the image. As I said I think we have a similar style of both image and Post processing. I have invested in a comprehensive Coklin P system with many ND and grad filters so I think you may have to endure many of these images :0)
    Always a pleasure to see your take on my images, I enjoy the input.
    Cheers

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Chaz - the same vision

Hi Chaz

I think we do share a similar view of images where we want that sombre feel.

This one of your is a beauty.

Using the filters (I have none) how much does it allow for longer exposures and if so which do you recommend as I see there are different levels?

Any help please - thanks

Ray

8. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hi Ray, for this particular image I used an ND4 ND2 and 1 x Dark ND grad for the sky. It was taken at around 3.30pm UK time and the exposure was 10 seconds at f13.
    For your reference here is another with no treatment whatsoever:

[​IMG]

This is pretty much how it came out of the camera (underexposed) as you will see (if you want to have a play) a simple auto levels will make it pop a bit.
    Feel free to have a mess with it if you have time.As always I would be interested to see what you can come up with. Forgot to mention your post the other day (Warehouses) inspired a very fruitfull visit to some derelict factory units. Thanks for the push! :wink: ​

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Chaz

Appreciated the help - looks like I need some filters!!!

All the best

Ray

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Love it Chaz...its got the big eerie going on.

11. The moodiness is apparent in this nice shot.

12. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Chaz

At your suggestion had another go.........went a lot further than the first.

Tried for a red planet look.

Hope you like

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

13. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Thanks guys again for the nice comments

Ray, now that is creepy. First thing come into my head was a murder scene :)
    I know its my twisted imagination!