Another shot in the park

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, May 24, 2005.

1. Those are fun pics! Don't stop! When they grow up they will cherish each and every picture.

2. That's great!!! :D :D :D :D

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You're prob'ly gonna hate me for this Chad

but many of your images somehow just don't look very sharp to me. Dunno if it's in your pp technique, possibly not sharpening them enough as a final step when reducing for web, or if it's actually a focus issue. I fail to understand why use would use AF-C on the D70. AF-S is a much more reliable mode.
    That said, love the pose!

4. Re: You're prob'ly gonna hate me for this Chad

My monitor is too sharp and I quite like the less digital look, so very little sharpening is applied - None before resize, 100% using a custom filter on the luminosity channel (and fade if necessary).
    AF-C what used because the kids were moving around and I was also shooting lacrose at the same time - I just set the AF-L when I am shooting a static shot. I will be a little more aggressive with the sharpening and see if it makes a difference. BTW, they print admirably with these settings and no additional sharpening in Qimage using pyramid.

5. Great shot Chad. The kids look like they were having a good time. Thanks for posting it.

Brian