Another shot of Kasia

Here's another shot of Kasia Sweeny from Sunday's shoot. All comments and critiques welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cropped

View attachment 88453

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
If it wasn't for that right arm, the second would be killer. It's hard to crop that pose. I try to avoid poses with an arm up like that... my mentor always called them "armpit shots".

BTW, you missed erasing the blur layer around that arm too. You can see it on the jacket.

Man! Fred! Talk about hitting the ground running!!! Okay so the arm probably shouldn't be there, but you did a fantastic job. Great model too. You need to go ahead and reschedule her NOW before she gets too booked.

Well done!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a picky point, but I believe your makeup artist (or model) used the wrong color base. When arms and face are so close together, as the are in this image, the delta is quite noticeable. You can try to mask and color match a little, but I usually get around the issue by converting to B&W where tone matching is much easier.

I agree with Woody on the arm placement. It's a most difficult pose to work with. I've found if the elbow is to the side it can look better, but it still only works on certain body types.

Well done on the other technical aspects and the model is very attractive!

Love the face and the lighting. Do not love the arm placement in this shot, at least with this tight of a crop. Nice work Fred. You're doing great.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom