Another shot of Kasia

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Apr 4, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Here's another shot of Kasia Sweeny from Sunday's shoot. All comments and critiques welcome.

445998350_f52158687a_o.

Cropped

View attachment 88453

2. That's awesome Fred!!!

3. If it wasn't for that right arm, the second would be killer. It's hard to crop that pose. I try to avoid poses with an arm up like that... my mentor always called them "armpit shots".

BTW, you missed erasing the blur layer around that arm too. You can see it on the jacket.

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Man! Fred! Talk about hitting the ground running!!! Okay so the arm probably shouldn't be there, but you did a fantastic job. Great model too. You need to go ahead and reschedule her NOW before she gets too booked.

Well done!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  5. Fred you are really doing well with your lighting and of course it doesn't hurt to have a beautiful model either.

6. Fred............ you are killing me with these images!

Great work............ really looking forward to seeing more of your studio work!

G

7. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    I know this is a picky point, but I believe your makeup artist (or model) used the wrong color base. When arms and face are so close together, as the are in this image, the delta is quite noticeable. You can try to mask and color match a little, but I usually get around the issue by converting to B&W where tone matching is much easier.

I agree with Woody on the arm placement. It's a most difficult pose to work with. I've found if the elbow is to the side it can look better, but it still only works on certain body types.

Well done on the other technical aspects and the model is very attractive!

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great job...pretty model too!

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the face and the lighting. Do not love the arm placement in this shot, at least with this tight of a crop. Nice work Fred. You're doing great.