Another side of film

... is the historical side.

Lately I've been bitten by old film bug.

Some people made a hobby out of collecting old film rolls and boxes (some others actually develop, catalog, and scan them).

I mainly like it from the design aspect (neat to see how box designs evolve through the decades)...

5600720824_f947a04f31_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and of course the historical aspect. I mean, there *are* film inside those exposed rolls, who knows what pictures they contain?

i LOVE THE OLD EMUSLIONS. wHY THEY FELL OUT OF FAVOR AND CEASED TO BE MADE IS BEYOND ME.
Kodachrome of course is on that list.
Lately, I have fallen for 120 Ektar 25. Amazing film! I am saving my last 3-4 rolls for special occasons.
Shoot it!

i LOVE THE OLD EMUSLIONS. wHY THEY FELL OUT OF FAVOR AND CEASED TO BE MADE IS BEYOND ME.
Kodachrome of course is on that list.
Lately, I have fallen for 120 Ektar 25. Amazing film! I am saving my last 3-4 rolls for special occasons.
Shoot it!

I too like Ektar 25. I have about 55 rolls. They have been refrigerated, two 20 roll bricks and fifteen loose ones. I use them in my old Rolleiflex. great film for a fun old camera. :smile:

I too like Ektar 25. I have about 55 rolls. They have been refrigerated, two 20 roll bricks and fifteen loose ones. I use them in my old Rolleiflex. great film for a fun old camera. :smile:

Any chance you might part with a few rolls? At a fair "old film" price? :smile: :wink: :cool:

Those films look pretty good!
You going to develop them?

Thinking about it, when my current undeveloped roll backlog eases up.
Would you like to give it a shot? I have several as you can see.
We can develop and scan it, maybe fun for a project idea :)

I never thought of collecting the old boxes and canisters. That's a great idea. Adding some to the shelves where I store my cameras would be really neat. I'll start looking around for something interesting.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom