Another side of Sedona

No question that Sedona, AZ is a landscape shooters paradise, but the surrounding area is also worth a look if this area is in your future travel plans. The snaps below were taken mostly near Jerome, AZ, an old mining town about 12 miles from Sedona. This small sample barely scratches the surface of the rich variety of subject matter in the area. Parking is at a premium, but the town is also a great place to go for arts and crafts shopping, and just enjoying the atmosphere.

Most photos taken with a D100 and 17-35mm f2.8.

sedona_01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sedona_02.jpg

sedona_03.jpg

sedona_04.jpg

sedona_05.jpg

sedona_06.jpg

sedona_07.jpg

sedona_08.jpg

sedona_09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like really great images.

Rather difficult to appreciate the detail or scope of the pics so small though

I agree with Gale, would love to see these slightly bigger. But, I can see enough of them to say that they are all excellent images. Nice work.

D

Debbi

These are really nice. Sedona is such a beautiful place. I love #6.

Yup, too small. I bumped up the size a little - hope it helps. Guess I got carried away with file size in deference to folks without a broadband connection. I also added another image I thought was kind of fun. I was told this old Shell gasoline tanker had been converted to a home of sorts . . . someone actually lives there. Whatever works. :biggrin:

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

I spent a day and a half in a motel bed with a nasty case of food poisoning on this trip, so missed out on a lot of good shooting. The wife and I are planning a trip to southern Utah sometime this fall, so we're talking about cruising down to Jerome on the return trip to take care of some unfinished photo fun. We're discovering that these little side trips can sometimes be more enjoyable than the main attraction. :smile:

real cool! interesting subject.

Thanks wiggy, glad you liked them.

Nice post process., strong images.

I appreciate the compliment Jeff. Until the past year or so, that kind of image processing was just not something I did . . . seemed like "cheating" or something. Things have gone downhill since then - these days, I actually look for images that I can later "violate" in PS. :biggrin:

Yup, too small. I bumped up the size a little - hope it helps. Guess I got carried away with file size in deference to folks without a broadband connection. :smile:

Do appreciate your file size, as the first two loaded very nicely.
Sometimes the pics are so large, I get verrrry tired of waiting for them to
load. Thanks for thinking of us... :smile:

Nice stuff Dennis. Where is it? Arizona, I suppose? Sorry for asking but I live in Europe and never went to your country...

Latest threads

Top Bottom