another stab at the B&W nature shots

shot with trix400 processed in fg7 and scanned with canoscan 8800f

i think i'm getting better about seeing in shades of gray lol. i had at least 15 keepers from the roll which is definately better than the first couple of rolls.
its a learning curve :Curved: ... i love b&w for portraits and candids but cant figure the landscape part out to the level i want to be at...

all of the shots are from n90s and 75-150 series e + red filter

punchbowlfalls_0002.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

punchbowlfalls_0014.jpg

punchbowlfalls_0016.jpg

punchbowlfalls_0019.jpg

punchbowlfalls_0020.jpg

punchbowlfalls_0021.jpg

D

Deleted member 960

Nice, I especially like the last one, really conveys speed/whitewater action!

These must have been shot in some pretty dark shade to get 1/4 to 1 second (I'm obviously guessing, but that seems in the ballpark) on ISO400 film, even with a red filter (3 stops?). Tri-X would not be in the top 10 films I'd think of shooting in this situation...but alas, I'd be wrong again...:rolleyes::biggrin: I like the grit of these, the water seems angrier with the grain. #1 and #4 are my favorites, I like how the water rolls over the log. Thanks for sharing them!

These must have been shot in some pretty dark shade to get 1/4 to 1 second (I'm obviously guessing, but that seems in the ballpark) on ISO400 film, even with a red filter (3 stops?). Tri-X would not be in the top 10 films I'd think of shooting in this situation...but alas, I'd be wrong again...:rolleyes::biggrin: I like the grit of these, the water seems angrier with the grain. #1 and #4 are my favorites, I like how the water rolls over the log. Thanks for sharing them!

yep, 3 stop filter and f32 :eek:. I was using the film for the hike and when i got to the fall i had more than half of the film unused, so i decided to give it a go lol

I was counting to f22...didn't realize the zoom was capable of f32...does come in handy, though in the digital world f16 and smaller send people into a tizzy over diffraction.

honestly i dont see any quality defects when i shoot my d700 with apertures smaller than f16. i shoot f/22 quite often with no problems.... besides more sensor dust showing up lol

Real Name
Chris
Nice Roman, really nice. The contrast the red filter added to the water is perfect for these. And f/32... That makes you a 1/2 member of the f/64 group! :Wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom