Another strap thread...

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by GKR1, May 14, 2007.

1. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Ok, I just went through most of the strap threads and I could not find a strap that I'm looking for. Perhaps, it is not made.

What I'm looking for is a quick disconnect at the camera body. I do not like anything hanging from the body if I'm not using a strap. Is there such a strap?

Thanks

Amir

2. I might be wrong but I think any decent quick disconnect setup is going to leave a small male or female connector at the body. This one wouldn't leave a connector but I don't know if it will fit in the split rings on a nikon. You could always replace the spit rings that come with Nikons with slightly larger ones.

OTUS.

3. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Thanks, I'm not sure if this would fit through the d70 holes.

4. It might work if you got some split rings and put those through the D70 holes and then clipped it onto the spit rings. They key think you mentioned is you don't want anything still hanging from the camera body when you disconnect the strap from it. Both Optec and Tamrac straps have quick connect clips but they leave a part on the camera when you disconnect the strap from it.

5. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    That strap would work with a couple of miniature split ring key rings.

6. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    I'll give that a try. Thanks guys.

7. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego