Another sweat bee

This is either Agapostemon or Augochlorini...I can never tell which. The first frame is taken whil it was actively feeding. Frames 2 and 3 are after I got it to take a little honey. Sometimes I just about have to drop it right on their nose. :)

5648281324_a1cf1350c4_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5647717451_707cec9afd_b.jpg

5648281470_9059bea83c_b.jpg

Excellent set Kenny. Care to share your "bait" mixture, storage, application, etc..? Also...I wish you left the exif in your images so I could learn from it. :)

Excellent set Kenny. Care to share your "bait" mixture, storage, application, etc..? Also...I wish you left the exif in your images so I could learn from it. :)

Thanks, Nate. EXIF should be present...I can see it with KUSO viewer. Bait is just locally produced raw, unprocessed honey.

Evidently a little honey goes a long way! Excellent!

Thanks, dossy. Yep, it sure does.

Wow the colors on that bee is crazy. Nice shots!

Thanks again. :smile:

All I have to say is the color are amazing! These are really nice. What lens and combination of accessories did you use?

Thanks, Nate. EXIF should be present...I can see it with KUSO viewer. Bait is just locally produced raw, unprocessed honey.

Strange. I haven't been able to view the exif in any of your images lately and I have tried 3 different viewers including opanda. Bummer.

Strange. I haven't been able to view the exif in any of your images lately and I have tried 3 different viewers including opanda. Bummer.

Don't know what to tell you. I can see the EXIF with the KUSO viewer. The lion's share of my shots are F/11, 1/250, ISO100-ISO200. I may compensate the exposures a hair or the flash a hair depending on conditions.

Don't know what to tell you. I can see the EXIF with the KUSO viewer. The lion's share of my shots are F/11, 1/250, ISO100-ISO200. I may compensate the exposures a hair or the flash a hair depending on conditions.

That's fine...I believe you. My luck just has it that I can't get Kuso to work. I more like your exif to see what system you shot it with, but I now see that you are all Nikon again.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom