Another take on Bombay Hook

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gordon Large, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

As you probably know from Mike Mac's post, on Monday we spent a great day at Bombay Hook. By the time we finish posting out keepers you'll probably be sick of both of us. :biggrin: I'm posting in no particular order, and here are the first six images. Enjoy and stay tuned for more.

Gordon

The moon setting in the west in the first morning light -

Snow Geese against the early morning sky -

View attachment 17079

Portrait of a gull -

View attachment 17080

Who am I? ID needed -

View attachment 17081

Organized snow geese -

View attachment 17082

Disorganized snow geese. If you look carefully you can see sky -

View attachment 17083

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Gordon. Again, while I'm a dedicated birdie shooter (duh :rolleyes:), my fav here is the moon shot.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to see more. :wink:

3. I too love the moon shot but it takes nothing away from the excellent bird shots. Well done.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Gordon.

Keep eye on weather in Florida. Don't know what the storm is going to do. Hopefully keep going west :>))

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent set Gordon. I wouldn't worry about the weather. It should be gone before your scheduled arrival.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Me too
    Love the birds but dig the Moon shot !!

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Frank. I too love the birds but the moon shot is the best in this bunch. Gotta say that Mike's is better. I didn't see him sneak out that wide angle.....

Gordon

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon, I agree that Mike's shot is great, but don't put yours down. Very good composition, and very well exposed. :smile:

9. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Gordon. Even in dull old Blue Bell PA it's pretty special to see the sun rising on one horizon and a full moon setting on the other. At Bombay Hook it was beautiful. But the birds were pretty good too....

Gordon

10. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks for the comment about the pix, Gale. I'm not worried about my Florida trip. I'm worried about wherever it makes landfall. Enough already!!!

Gordon

11. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Harry. I know the hurricane will be long gone. I just hope it doesn't wreck wherever it hits like Katrina did.

Gordon

12. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Ben. I'm beginning to think that maybe I should focus (pun intended) on landscape photography..... :biggrin: Nope. Landscapes aren't wondrous living and beautiful things. I'll stick with birds and shoot the occasional landscape that I stumble across.

Gordon