Another trip to the Rose Garden

Was visiting Leu Gardens again and managed to get these shots of some beautiful and some unusual roses. Hope you enjoy...

A yellow rose
071605YellowRose.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A very unusual pink and white rose
071605PinkRose.jpg

A white rose
071605WhiteRose.jpg

A rose that looks like a porcelain rose of my wife's
071605PalePinkRose.jpg

A very intense orange rose
071605OrangeRose.jpg

And another yellow rose
071605YellowRose2.jpg

Comments and feedback welcome! Thanks for looking.

Hi Kevin:

These are beautiful, my favorite flower. The pink and white rose sure is unusual, never saw anything like it. Really nice work with the white rose, did you spot meter on that? The yellow roses turned out great...my D70 has a tendency to blow the reds and yellows and I end up doing a fair amount of PP to recover them. And my favorite is the porcelain looking rose.....perfectly composed and exposed.

Thank you for posting these.

Kev,

Of course we enjoy; how could we not. :wink:

The are museum quality. I hope that you have printed and framed at least a few. 8)

Kevin great shots my favorite is the one looks like a porcelain rose,
Wonderful color and the stamen's and pollen stand out nicely.
Frank is right on his comment "museum quality."

Neil

Excellent Keving very nicely done. I love shootign roses the other day at Longwood they were all pruned back so didnt get a chance to shoot

Lisa said:
Hi Kevin:

These are beautiful, my favorite flower. The pink and white rose sure is unusual, never saw anything like it. Really nice work with the white rose, did you spot meter on that? The yellow roses turned out great...my D70 has a tendency to blow the reds and yellows and I end up doing a fair amount of PP to recover them. And my favorite is the porcelain looking rose.....perfectly composed and exposed.

Thank you for posting these.

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the kind words! On the white rose, I had to go back and check my exif. I've been shooting alot in manual lately and assumed these were too. But they were actually shot in A mode using Center Weighted Average. I like shooting these manual. It takes a little more effort to get it right but once it is you can just keep shooting and not worry about the settings. I usually try to memorize the settings for the whites, yellows, and reds then I'm basically set for hours of shooting. :)

Gale ~ lol. I like it when you look. You shoot straight from the hip. One of your first critiques you ever gave me haunts me still each time I pp a shot! ;)

Hi Mike. I love shooting any kind of flower. I've taken a bazilion rose shots but never really were happy with them. Now since I've gotten into dSLRs and have been really studying the past year or so, I'm amazed at how the majority of my shots have become satisfying for me. I guess it means I'm learning, applying and improving. Still would like to get the "look" of your photos~long way to go for me yet.

Thanks for looking and the kind words. It means alot! :)

Hi Gilles, thanks for commenting on the composition. I've been really trying to pay attention to that aspect of photography. Glad it's being noticed. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom