Another try at PWL - Illustration

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Conrad Monroe, Jul 11, 2007.

1. While wandering around the back of a hotrod shop I found this 1938 Lincoln sedan that someone had begun work on sometime ago. Like most street rod projects it was begun with the best of intentions and probably not enough time, money or skill to complete. In time it found it's way to where it is now resting and waiting for someone with the time, money and skill to bring it back to life.

The original photo was okay, but it did not convey any of the emotion that I felt when I released the shutter ...

[​IMG]

After studing what Ray and Bob had done with the images in my earlier post I decided to give Chris Springer's PWL and Illustration technique another shot ...

[​IMG]

I think that this is closer to what my mind saw when I took the image.
    As always any and all comments, suggestions or ideas are most greatly appreciated.

Now I really have to get back to trying to implement DAM. Seems like I can always find something more interesting to do than sort and catalog my images... ugh!

2. Amazing - I really like it!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice .. Like it:>)))

4. Nice work :smile::smile: very well done !!

5. Looks great!

6. Conrad,

You did a magnificent job on this photo ......... I haven't been able to get the PWL action to work well for me in PS 7 .... perhaps it's meant for CS2 or above. I'm hoping to upgrade by the end of the year and would love to accomplish results as good as you got here.

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    This is really great

I love the PWL you have done and the image is in any case a great capture.

I found it compelling and wanted to go even further with PWL....

I will delete if you prefer but came up with this idea....

Hope it wrks

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

8. Thanks everyone, it really was a lot of fun and a nice break from what I have been doing lately :biggrin: I think I maybe getting the hang of this!

Bob, it's funny that you mentioned upgrading PS... I just ordered CS3 Design Premium yesterday! It will be here tomorrow. I have been using CS since it came out but lately it began to feel dated - plus I noticed that a number of the newer actions and techniques are using features found in the later editions. The other big impetus for me to upgrade was that Adobe finally has replaced GoLive with Dreamweaver and they have added Flash 9 to the Creative Suite. Now I am waiting for the 22nd of July when Intel is dropping the price of the Q6600 below $300 so that I can build a new all singing and dancing computer - I might even be able to batch NX and PS files while I am doing fun PS stuff like PWL!

Ray - it works like a champ! I have actually seen cars with "patinia" that looks very similar to what you have come up with! You and everyone else for that matter, are always more than welcome to work with any of my files that I post here. I really enjoy seeing how others handle the image. I love the "Now how the heck did they do that..." challenge that it provides.

Again, thank you all for looking and participating! This is a blast!