Another Visit to Monument Valley

Real Name
Ken St John
I hope John Ford would be proud of me ...

Monument Valley 145v1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Great composition, Ken. I am so envious that you get to work in such an environment.

I like how the lighter sand flat in the middle creates a leading line towards the rocky castle which stands out as the main subject in the image, but I feel the foreground could be a bit more interesting if you applied just a bit more contrast to it.

I cannot emphasize it enough; the composition and technical work you have done here is of top notch quality. Well done!

Great image Ken. I agree with Tor that the FG has lack of contrast but I think I like it the way it is as it adds to the deserted feel in the image.

Real Name
Ken St John
Great composition, Ken. I am so envious that you get to work in such an environment.

I like how the lighter sand flat in the middle creates a leading line towards the rocky castle which stands out as the main subject in the image, but I feel the foreground could be a bit more interesting if you applied just a bit more contrast to it.

I cannot emphasize it enough; the composition and technical work you have done here is of top notch quality. Well done!

Great image Ken. I agree with Tor that the FG has lack of contrast but I think I like it the way it is as it adds to the deserted feel in the image.

Thanks for your suggestions .... I took this over to Luminar and set an adjustable gradient to add some contrast to the foreground and also dropped the exposure a tiny bit (about .2 stop). Would love to see what y'all think about this revision!!

Monument Valley 145v1.jpg

(I currently have this image on my MacBook Pro as the background on my external 4k display .. frankly it looks awesome now ... much better!! :))

Thanks!!

Ken

I'll go for your first version as well, Ken.
I think the 'monuments' stand out better.
My choice could be different on another day :)

I stick to my opinion, Ken. I think the second version brings more depth into the foreground and it is more pleasing visually. At the same time, the shrubbery in the foreground create 5-6 small interesting bodies, just as there's 5-6 peaks in the the background. Very pleasing!

Real Name
Ken St John
Speaking of my desktop ...

Ken's Desktop.jpg

Thanks for your comments!! Quite educational!

Cheers!!

Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom