Another visitor, another shoot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Dec 6, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Y'all,

I just had the pleasue of shooting with a friend from another forum, Dixie (aka Richard Atkinson). Dixie is an accomplished photographer and if you want to see some knock-out landscapes visit his homepage. http://dixie.smugmug.com/

47299253-L.

We stopped by the Viera Wetlands and the eagle paid us a call
    47299243-L.

he hung around to model for awhile
    47301314-L.

the snowy egrets put on theri usual show
    47299247-L.

47299249-L.

they even got along with the gators
    47299251-L.

Even an amardillo came out to play. I think this is the first live one I've seen.
    47299246-L.

the cormorants seemed happy
    47299252-L.

we got some sweet light at sunset
    47299242-L.

For those coming down for Merritt III, its still a tad slow at the Wetlands but its slowly picking up and activity should be at its height in February. :biggrin:

Attached Files:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Nice Harry

I enjoyed shooting there for about 3 hours Sat. However the eagle hid from me. They were at the nest and saw one wayyyyyy off. :<( The snowys were great.. the Osprey was so back lit ...no wayyyyy....

The birders were very rude. Blocking the road.

Was a beautiful day. Most beautiful blue skys and temp was fantastic.

See ya soon.

3. Harry
    What can I say I look forward to everyone of your posts these are all great. You are a top notch guide, I expect to see a new sign when I come down in Feb with the Wetlands renamed to Harrys place!

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Hey Harry. It looks like the eagle was more cooperative. Maybe he just needs to be broken in. Looks like the weather was better too.
    I think I followed that armadillo around for about 5 minutes. None of my shots came out that well though :rolleyes:.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent Harry. So was your visitor pleased with his tour of Viera??

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Gale,

Those birders are getting out of hand. :mad: I would say its time for a rumble but there are more of them there are of us. :Depressed

7. Excellent images and what a wonderful variety.

8. Great shots, as usual, Harry, but I really got a kick out of your alligator and snowy shot! Looks like he intentionally put those weeds over his face to try and hide from the bird. Must be in a goofy mood today, just kinda cracked me up.

Gotta love Viera!!

9. Really nice shots Harry. Wow what a great variety. You are lucky to live in such a great spot.

10. Hi Harry:
    your images look really goooood....
    I went to your fiends web site and was very impressed with his work.
    I see a gallery from the Smokey Mountain Park. Do you know were this is?

I would be interested in shooting there but I kind of need a better address other than the smoky mountains....lol
    And considering I’m in Canada, one kind of likes to have a general idea as to were one needs to head other than south.

11. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Mike. Its always fun to introduce a shooter to the wetlands for the first time. It slowly grows on them and at some point they will say something like "I can't believe I've taken 400 shots already". :biggrin:

12. Great shots Harry. The Eagle on the dead tree, is that the famous tree with all of the history you pointed out to me?
    Very Nice......Louie

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gordon. The wetlands always provides a nice variety of wildlife to shoot.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

Hey Kevin,

I really liked the scene with the snowy and the gator myself. Those dumb birds would never let me get that close and there's this gator who eats them just a few feet away.

15. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Great shots! Regarding shooting these birds from close, maybe you should shoot from where the aligator is :wink: ? Well, just a thought:Confused: .

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Jim. I am extremely lucky.

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thank you Doug, Dixie's work has been published a number of times and he's one of the best landscape photographer's I've met. Here's a web site for the Smoky Mountains http://www.nps.gov/grsm/

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

Thanks Louie and yes, that is THE TREE

19. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks and what a great idea! All I have to do is get in the water shoo away those pesky gators and the wandering snake and shoot away. After due consideration I think I'll stay on dry ground. :biggrin: