1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

another walk around manhattan

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mood, Sep 22, 2008.

1. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nice Mood. Sunday will probably be one of the last 80 degree temp. days for a while. All very nice and the shadow image is my fav.

3. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Robert
    didn't feel very inspired but snapped away anyway :cool: 

autumn is certainly in the air, I could use a little color in the landscape..
    and am actually looking forward to a little snow shooting in the city

4. great shots frank, shame i didnt get to go out into the city on sunday. spent time with family. going to go to the UN today, i hear the president is in town. i fly 4000 odd miles jsut to protest. i have a weird sense of having a holiday.

i really like the shadows shot.

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Shing
    hope you are enjoying your visit

6. Great stuff, as always, Frank. I really like that first shot and the shadows shot too. Excellent work.

7. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks again Rick

I guess the one good thing about midday sun, is the heavy shadows...:smile:

8. I really like that shadow pic! nice work

9. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Scott

10. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Another very nice series, Frank. :) 

I like your B&W conversions, they make the photos look really "NYish". Which method are you using?

11. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Klaus

I use NX2 conversions mostly and play around with the sliders, and usually add some grain

some I use PSE5, which I have a channel mixer plug-in and adjust the channels separately

there are a few more in my Columbus Ave festival thread..:wink:

12. I love NYC B&W street scenes. Yours are great!

13. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    thanks Alex...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.