Another Z model soon??

Nikon's next move needs to be a lower priced FX Z camera. Canon's RP seems rather popular and real users seem pretty happy, despite the internet groaning. They can release a stripped down Z6, place it in a cheaper plastic chassis, lower res EVF, lower max shutter speed and maybe even remove IBIS. Pair it with a budget retractable Z 24-85mm AF-P PD VR kit lens and call it a day. It'll be the Nikon D70 vs Canon Rebel all over again! :D

Nikon's next move needs to be a lower priced FX Z camera. Canon's RP seems rather popular and real users seem pretty happy, despite the internet groaning. They can release a stripped down Z6, place it in a cheaper plastic chassis, lower res EVF, lower max shutter speed and maybe even remove IBIS. Pair it with a budget retractable Z 24-85mm AF-P PD VR kit lens and call it a day. It'll be the Nikon D70 vs Canon Rebel all over again! :D
I wouldn't want to have those features missing in my camera, but that D70 got a lot of us hooked on Nikon many years ago. It probably would be a good move. And....actually I love my little D5600. It's missing a lot of features, but is a great little camera.

I was your customer until you mentioned removing IBIS...that would be a show stopper. And I would want the kit lens to be at least 24-105, maybe 24-120 but better than the current 24-120/4.

I wouldn't want to have those features missing in my camera, but that D70 got a lot of us hooked on Nikon many years ago. It probably would be a good move. And....actually I love my little D5600. It's missing a lot of features, but is a great little camera.
I was your customer until you mentioned removing IBIS...that would be a show stopper. And I would want the kit lens to be at least 24-105, maybe 24-120 but better than the current 24-120/4.
I'd prefer Nikon keep most features intact, but cost-cutting has to happen somewhere if Nikon wants to meet a lower price point. Perhaps Nikon can employ a less complex IBIS system. Olympus does the same thing to differentiate their IBIS features and camera models.

Agreed, Jim!! The IBIS is the main reason I wanted a Z camera. The 24-70 f4 is so good, but I sure miss the reach of my 24-120. It's such a heavy lens, though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom