Another Zeiss 100mm portrait...

D3, ISO 100, F2, available light

ZeissD.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wonderful stuff, Don, but I'll leave manual focus to young guys like you. As the old saying goes, autofocus is an aging photographer's best friend.

Wonderful stuff, Don, but I'll leave manual focus to young guys like you. As the old saying goes, autofocus is an aging photographer's best friend.

Thanks Frank!! I am 44 BTW :smile:. Not sure if that is young or not. :wink:

It is really not that hard... that green focus confirmation dot is the key. What I have been doing is "ball parking" it based on distance and then fine tuning with the dot.

Nice image. However to be honest without a 100% crop I really cant appreciate the image quality difference from say the 70-200.
I was tempted by this lens but in the end the MF got to me and I picked up the Sigma 150 macro - absolutely love it.

After a taste of the 100 F2... I am seriously considering the 50 also. How do you like it??

I have only used the 50/2 very briefly, it is great. I bought it at the same time when I bought my D3, 14-24/2.8 & 24-70/2.8 so haven't as yet had "free" time to play with it properly as I was busy trying to pay my credit card!!!! As you already got a 100/2 unless you want a compact lens I do not think buying 50/2 will add a lot for you. But I know Zeiss glass is addictive!!!

I am kind of getting the Zeiss bug now!!! I was considering ZF 85/1.4 but I am planning on Nikon 105/2 DC as my next purchase instead.

Latest threads

Top Bottom