Antelope Canyon in Late Feb?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by koolk2, Jun 3, 2007.

1. koolk2

koolk2

Sep 9, 2006
    I'm going to be in Phoenix, AZ in late Feb for a convention. I will have one day free and plan to do some landscape photography. I know that April and October are the best times to photograph the slot canyons. Can I expect to get some decent shots in late Feb or should I go to Sedona instead?

Thanks,

Ken

2. Grand Canyon could be good, especially if there's snow. As for Antelope, I've been in March and gotten great shots. February you might look more for reflected light (instead of light shafts), which will bring out more color and texture in the walls.