Anticipation At The Duck Pond

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by eng45ine, Apr 3, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It was early spring, but the spirited members of the Nikon Cafe were more than ready to click away to an approaching avian. Here's Flew making the final arrangements for our subject matter...

Now, we can't just have these birds delivered to one loaction, so Flew made it known that a few needed to be placed in a strategic location on the other side of the pond...
    View attachment 88348

When you are expecting "incoming" avians, setting your White Balance is absolutely key to capturing the correct colors. Well, here's Rich Gibson doing his all to help his fellow shooter...
    View attachment 88349

And, more than ready to capture Mother Nature's flying critters in mid-air, Larry (Ozarkshome) is seen here relaxing with his favorite blend...
    View attachment 88350

2. Great shots Frank. Great to meet you, sorry we left before breakfast Monday. Our neighbors made sure we got up early.:smile:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shots wow
    LOve the captions

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Had a wonderful time with you and Marilyn, I only wish I had the opportunity to shake your hand to thank you both for a wonderful weekend. Looking forward to standing in the shadow of the 600mm lens next year.

5. Great to see your shots Frank, these are excellent!

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Although I was not able to attend I must say I have enjoyed looking at these
    photos so much....Frank these are great photos. Looks like everyone had a
    fabulous time. I hope to attend one of these.

7. Dunno which I like better - the captions or the photos! Great job Frank! You certainly brought a smile to this face!

8. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Great shots Frank. I thought Larry was checking the wind direction. So he would know what direction the birds would land.

9. Great set with super captioning!

10. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Very nice series Frank.

11. These are wonderful, Frank!! I've got one somewhere with Larry and the smoke billowing out of his pipe -- yours is super!! LOVE the expression on Rich's face! LOL!

12. Great series Frank! I always look forward to your posts.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Fun set Frank. It was great seeing you and Marissa again. :smile: