Antique Cars

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by greyflash, Aug 12, 2005.

1. While driving through Zion's National Park I noticed several antique cars coming towards me. I pulled over, stuck my camera out the window and took images of three of them. Here they are.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    i really love to see the antique cars on the road taking a little cruise down the highway.

Beautiful Images. Amazing colors.

3. Interesting to see they now have dyed matching bras for the cars. Cool shots, Gordon.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice images of some nice street rods, Gordon. I have been partial to 1940 Fords...they are a very popular platform for a street rod. My friend has one and it is the perfect road car...comfortable as can be. Thanks for posting your captures.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice captures, Gordon! Great to see 60+ year old autos still roaming around.

6. Gale, Kevin, Frank, Don,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I appreciate that. I used to have an old 1934 convertible and it was neat to drive around in. The brakes didn't work very well and I took my life in my hands every time I drove it. 1940 was a good year for Ford as you point out Frank.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    wow, neat find Gordon!

Just goes to show you, ya always gotta be prepared & have your camera with you. I can't tell you how many times I've driven into town without my camera only to see a hawk circling nice and close up!
    Hope they take those awful bras off when they get to where they're goin'!

8. Ya sure Steve, you just want to see them naked. :lol: :lol:

9. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi Greyflash,

Those cars are stunning, great great colours. The last one makes me think of a Viper due to those white stripes 8)

Nice Images !!! Great to see those happy faces behind the wheel.

Kind Regards

Johan

10. Hey Johan, thanks for taking the time to look and I appreciate your comments. I think I would be smiling if I were to drive one.

11. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Gordon:

Those are great! Lovely colors and sharp! I may be dating myself here, but they look like the ZZ Top automobile from their music videos :) There's some beautiful scenery in the background as well.

12. I LOVE those! That's one of my favorite cars, and all the colors are magnificent. Nice catch! I used to sell little model Ford 40's cars on eBay, and that's when I first fell in love with them. My husband tells me I was meant to have lived in the 40's and 50's, because so much of what I enjoy is from that era!

13. You think you are dating yourself Lisa, I don't even know who ZZ Top is but I do remember the automobiles from the 40's.

14. Thanks Sommer, I too like the 50's era, perhaps because I live it.

15. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium

Hi Greyflash,

about that rock band called "ZZ top" :) : It is quite an old rock group, when people hear the name ZZ top most of us will think about two big old guys with looong white beards playing on a guitar on a desert road just near a petrol station. It has all to do with a famous music video of them, and If I'm not mistaking it's the song "Gimme all your lovin". In that video are a bunch of very nice ladies wearing not that much of clothing driving a hot rod with big flames on the sides. And the car looks like the type shown on your pictures :wink:

Kind regards and keep up the good work !!!

Johan

16. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Man, you have got me all wrong!!!

I just prefer to see them braless! :p :shock:

17. Re: Man, you have got me all wrong!!!

Is there a difference??? :roll: :lol: :lol: