Antique Cars

While driving through Zion's National Park I noticed several antique cars coming towards me. I pulled over, stuck my camera out the window and took images of three of them. Here they are.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i really love to see the antique cars on the road taking a little cruise down the highway.

Beautiful Images. Amazing colors.

Nice images of some nice street rods, Gordon. I have been partial to 1940 Fords...they are a very popular platform for a street rod. My friend has one and it is the perfect road car...comfortable as can be. Thanks for posting your captures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gale, Kevin, Frank, Don,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I appreciate that. I used to have an old 1934 convertible and it was neat to drive around in. The brakes didn't work very well and I took my life in my hands every time I drove it. 1940 was a good year for Ford as you point out Frank.

wow, neat find Gordon!

Just goes to show you, ya always gotta be prepared & have your camera with you. I can't tell you how many times I've driven into town without my camera only to see a hawk circling nice and close up!
Hope they take those awful bras off when they get to where they're goin'!

Hi Greyflash,

Those cars are stunning, great great colours. The last one makes me think of a Viper due to those white stripes 8)

Nice Images !!! Great to see those happy faces behind the wheel.

Kind Regards

Johan

Gordon:

Those are great! Lovely colors and sharp! I may be dating myself here, but they look like the ZZ Top automobile from their music videos :) There's some beautiful scenery in the background as well.

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
I LOVE those! That's one of my favorite cars, and all the colors are magnificent. Nice catch! I used to sell little model Ford 40's cars on eBay, and that's when I first fell in love with them. My husband tells me I was meant to have lived in the 40's and 50's, because so much of what I enjoy is from that era!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lisa said:
Gordon:

Those are great! Lovely colors and sharp! I may be dating myself here, but they look like the ZZ Top automobile from their music videos :) There's some beautiful scenery in the background as well.
You think you are dating yourself Lisa, I don't even know who ZZ Top is but I do remember the automobiles from the 40's.

greyflash said:
Lisa said:
Gordon:

You think you are dating yourself Lisa, I don't even know who ZZ Top is but I do remember the automobiles from the 40's.

Hi Greyflash,

about that rock band called "ZZ top" :) : It is quite an old rock group, when people hear the name ZZ top most of us will think about two big old guys with looong white beards playing on a guitar on a desert road just near a petrol station. It has all to do with a famous music video of them, and If I'm not mistaking it's the song "Gimme all your lovin". In that video are a bunch of very nice ladies wearing not that much of clothing driving a hot rod with big flames on the sides. And the car looks like the type shown on your pictures :wink:

Kind regards and keep up the good work !!!

Johan

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom