"Ants on a Mission" - or - "Home Delivery"

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by misupix, Jun 24, 2007.

1. GI-Ant was worried: Chuck, one of his troopers was missing in action.
    His men where already searching for several hours.
    He was still wondering what might have happened to his best scout?

"GIAnt"
    original.

Meanwhile: The little Spider was still wondering, where this nice snack came from. She couldn't remember ordering anything for home delivery. Maybe her neighbor, the black widow, had ordered it and it was just delivered to the wrong web. Why complain, she thought, while sucking it out.

"Home Delivery"
    original.

Finally something happened, GI-Ant heard some shouts from his troops. He looked over the edge of the leaf and froze..........there was the enemy: One of these giant "Eightlegers". And then he saw Chuck, already a prisoner of the Spider. A second troopers was already in her grip too. The Battle was on!

"Enemy in sight"
    original.

The Spider had no clue, why all those little snacks had suddenly appeared all around her web. She wondered, if some "Computer-bug" was responsible for all the "wrong deliveries"?
    But she just decided to not wonder anymore and store some food for later. One after the other, she "invited" the "snacks", spun them in and stored them for later.

"The Battle"
    original.

The battle lasted for quite some time now, without making any progress. The Ants where furiously pulling on the web-strings. But without any luck. They where to strong and the Ants dared not entering them, much too dangerous!
    After he already lost two men of his little search team. GI-Ant decided to retreat and return later with some special forces: the red Ants! But not before he delivered a message to the Spider:

"We will return, with some RED HEAT!"

Nice, the Spider thought, I like it Spicy. Maybe it will be Chili-flavor next?

Which proves again, a "Happy end" just depends on the point of view. :Crunk:

The END.​

This was a little story from the garden! The actors where rather tiny, (Ants approx. 1,5mm in length. It was necessary to use the 60 micro + 58mm of extensions to capture the closeups!

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated!​

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just fantastic Michael:>)))

Great images

3. Wonderful photos, wonderful accompanying story! :smile: You are so clever!

4. LOL! Beautiful images, and a nice story.

5. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    Hahaha very good, very enjoyable story :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

6. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done Michael!

7. Superb pictures and story, thanks for sharing

8. Most enjoyable Michael. Great narrative and excellent photographs.

Don

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    What a great show an excellent shooting. Great captures.

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Forgot to say: I admire your creative mind. :smile:

11. Cool. Nice series, especially the pose in "Enemy in sight" looks great.

12. Awesome series, Michael. I like this trend of combining series of images with a story, especially when it's funny. I wonder who started that :wink:

Cheers

13. I did way back in 1974 when I started lecturing. This is why my lectures were voted the most popular on the British Circuit. I used to conjure up stories about mating tarantulas, the sex life of flowers and the revolting habits of certain insects all linked by slides.:eek::eek:

I had two main lectures. The Wonderful World of Nature, and The Good the Bad and the Ugly. They were both the same, but the latter was full of sex and violence. The ladies groups ALWAYS wanted the latter.:biggrin::biggrin:

Good one Michael. Harry is just jealous of your story telling talent, and until I see a similar sequence involving beetles, then you are the man. Having said that I did enjoy his wrong button story, but this was contrived whereas yours is in situ. OOOH that should do it!!

LOL Bob F.