Any audiophiles here?

I have never met a tube amp I didn't like.
Sorry, no direct experience with Decware.
My real issue I do have is it is so difficult to actually hear/audition any equipment right now.
I have no local brick and morter audio stores locally. The quest was much of the fun
gary

Real Name
Ken
I have never met a tube amp I didn't like.
Sorry, no direct experience with Decware.
My real issue I do have is it is so difficult to actually hear/audition any equipment right now.
I have no local brick and morter audio stores locally. The quest was much of the fun
gary
Decware does offer a 30-day in home trial with a 10% restocking fee. But right now they are 9 months backlogged in production. So I have time to mull over any potential audio GAS.

--Ken

Question for the bottleheads here. Has anybody owned or heard any of the Decware Zen amps (2.3 watt SET design)? They caught my eye again after seeing them many years ago, and was wondering if anybody has experience with them.

Thanks,

--Ken
Hi Ken - I listened to one as I was considering buying one used local to me. He had it with Heresy’s, early version. It was a rich and smooth sound. Good vocals, jazz and acoustics. I passed as i didnt have super high efficient speakers, and he was holding on to $1k for it.

Real Name
Ken
Hi Ken - I listened to one as I was considering buying one used local to me. He had it with Heresy’s, early version. It was a rich and smooth sound. Good vocals, jazz and acoustics. I passed as i didnt have super high efficient speakers, and he was holding on to $1k for it.
Sounds as others have described. And I have the same concern as you about speakers. I currently have a pair or Rega Juras that are either 89 or 90 dB, and I do not know if that is going to be too challenging. Our living room is not that large, and I do not try to raise the roof, but I never quite understood if inadequate wattage just meant that they were limited in volume, or that at low volumes you would also be missing out on details.

--Ken

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom