Any Canadians using Smugmug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hockey_Nut, Jul 10, 2008.

1. My sports photography business (side business, not my 9-5 job) is now at the stage where I think I really need a website instead of just sending clients a link to their private gallery on Picasa to view their photos.

A friend has offered to build a site for me (he's done this many, many times so I trust him) and we're going to sit down to go over some of the things I'd like. But due to the $30-$40/month hosting fees I'd have to pay for my own site (my business is doing fine, but I'm not rolling in money - yet :biggrin: Consequently, I'm also looking at Smugmug as it offers all that I want and it's cheaper.

However, because I live in Canada, I'd rather not order prints from the US ... shipping, exchange rates, transaction fees, duties etc. This is the one aspect that has me thinking about setting up my own site as I don't know if ordering prints from the US is going to be problematic. It may be fine, but I just don't know.

If there are any fellow Canucks here who use Smugmug, would you mind sharing your experiences & thoughts on this service, particularly the ordering & shipping of prints?

Any insight/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,
    Brent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.