Any Cat Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barriosa, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Expensive but the testimonials and reviews have me considering one.

The Litter-Robot

[​IMG]

2. My cat would never go into that thing.

3. At first glance, I thought it was some type of spacecraft meant to take a little kitty to the moon.

My hopes were dashed however.....

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Here in the UK we use a device called a Stool Spangler. This is a device used to brighten up a rather boring poo with glitter. (also known as a Glitter Shitter)

"My god Jeff, look at that gift that the neighbours cat has left on our lawn".... "Dont you worry my dear, ill go get my stool spangler".

It simply dispenses brightly coloured glitter onto the offending log, thus rendering them far more pleasing to the eye...

5. Fred, that's quite the contraption - I think it would scare my cat. It's also easy to toilet train a cat. I've done it with success with one but the other refused (too old) so I abandoned it.

Mart, tell me you're kidding!!! :eek:

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Yes, I am... Neat idea tho eh? We have a "comic" here in the UK called Viz and they carry spoof ads for equipment that doesn't really exist. This was one such ad that was ran a few years back. I tried to find a link to it but failed...

:biggrin:

7. Naaah . . . nobody here likes cats. :rolleyes:

Ralph

8. Yea I'd consider toilet training mine but I don't want them in the bathroom anymore. They usually get on the counter and knock things over so I always try to remember to keep the bathroom door closed.

I won't be picking one up anytime soon, if ever, but I have to admit it is pretty wild looking. It almost looks like a beer keg for cats, or how about teleportation pods.

9. Hmmm, rather interesting contraption! LOL, I have 3 cats and dunno if they'd use it or not. As for toilet training, I wish I had! We hate the litterbox smells. but we love our little rascals!

10. I've got 7 cats right now.

My first concern was that it looked kind of small, especially if you have a larger cat.
    This may or may not be an issue since lots of cats like confined spaces, but even with large
    boxes I've had big cats not have enough room and end up with the cat in the box but droppings not.

I looked over the instructions and it didn't look like the globe broke into to parts making cleaning more of an adventure.

I have two Mega LitterMaids for my critters. For the ~$200 price difference I'll put up with having
    to clean the rakes now and then.

With only one cat I think I'd just do the normal scoop it yourself method.

Don

11. I am definately a cat and dog person. In the past 44 years I have had 15 cats, mostly Persians and there is no way that I would even consider such a monstosity. Give me a litter tray every time. The cats take to them with ease, and as long as they are cleaned out regulary then there should be no problem.

Bob F.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  12. My three cats broke my littermaid.

13. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Who says you can't train cats?

I've got mine trained such that they both dump in my neighbours yards, thus negating the need for litter trays (or litter).

:biggrin:

14. What broke?
    LM is very good about warranty replacements if it isn't too old. You don't even have to send the whole thing back.

I've got a repair manual that I've used to fix mine.
    PM me with the problem and I'll see what the fix is.

Don

15. HAC_X

HAC_X Guest

Any attempt to make our cats use something that ugly would result in a visit
    from the Cat Posse!

[​IMG]

We have 3 cats, they all share one large litterbox, kept religiously scooped (they WILL let us know that it needs attaention...)
    Cheers
    Harold

16. I dunno, the waste falls through the opening in which the cat enters... :eek: If the cat gets the run or not, sorry about the imagery but.... he'll get a funny taste in its mouth when cleaning himself/herself latter in the day not counting the funny smell on your couch when you get home from work... Just a thought.

17. "We don't need no stinkin' robot litter we have servants!" :biggrin:

catdrinkingbeertv9lg2vr.

18. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    "Yea I'd consider toilet training mine but I don't want them in the bathroom anymore. They usually get on the counter and knock things over so I always try to remember to keep the bathroom door closed."

I considered training mine as well, but he's a newspaper hog and would likely stay in there for hours.

"Here in the UK we use a device called a Stool Spangler. This is a device used to brighten up a rather boring poo with glitter. "

I was laughing so hard at this invention I almost needed it for the desk chair.

And that device reminds me of something sci-fi. Telekittenesis?

"What broke?
    LM is very good about warranty replacements if it isn't too old. You don't even have to send the whole thing back." Now that's a warranty department I wouldn't want to work in. I guess you could say the machine just doesn't give a s%$t right now.

19. ROFL!

20. LOL, bet your neighbours are happy:eek: