Any Clapton Fans?

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Backdoctor, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Rescued this image from the negative. My best clapton shot yet as far as sharpness and color.

original.

2. that is GREAT!!

3. thanks Dave, just notices the hair at the bottom of the frame. Musta slipped into the scanner. Will clone that out soon.

Now if I had the skills to clone out that mike stand.....:cool:

4. great shot...gotta date? early 70's?

5. It's great!

I'm a big fan and was thrilled when I went to his concert earlier this year.

6. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Yes great memories! Have many records of him and visit several times a concert! Great artist but he had a real real hard time!
    Thanks for opening your archive!

7. yrrek

yrrek Guest

ahh clapton and his great black strat. Amazing shot you saved there!

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Major Clapton fan here. Seen him a bunch of times. Great shot!

9. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Clapton is my favorite artist. Great job!

10. Thanks all, I believe this was around 1979. I also saw him in London when he played lead guitar for Roger Waters, 1983.

11. Killer shot...one of the best concerts I've ever been to was Clapton and Robert Cray in Miami in the late 80's 8th row center. The memory of listening to the two of them trade licks on "Old Love" still raises the hair on my arms....thanks for taking me back.

12. How did I miss this!!!!???? Great shot of a great performer - I see him every time he lands here - he really puts on a great show. The audience is so enthralled you can hear a pin drop.

13. Hail Clapton

14. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Fun photo. Lots of history there. The guitar appears to be the famous "Blackie" his #1 guitar at the time. It sold at Christie's Auction for a record $959,500 in 2004! Not bad for a guitar that was pieced together from several "scrap" strats.

15. Wooooow, that is cool!

16. Probably some Canonite at dpreview would tell him he would sound better on a Gibson... lol, less noise, more music..how'd he ever manage with that guitar?

:wink:

17. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis

hehe...well I'm all Nikon here and he does sound better on a Gibson :biggrin:

Funny..back then the strats he pieced Blackie together were called "scrap" at maybe a couple hundred bucks a piece..tops. Now they're called "vintage" at $10k a piece!

Nice investment....