1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any computer programmers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbguy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I need help with C++ :frown:

I'm taking this class for my engineering major, and I'm not understanding it. I have probably 1 last homework due before I'm completely finished with the class. But I'm going to need help making the program that my professor asked us to do, anyone willing to help ? :redface:

2. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    While I am on holiday at the moment I am a computer science professor at a college and pretty fluent with C++. I might have the time to offer some help and tips.

PM me if you still haven't found the solution and I'll give you my email address.

3. sweet! i'll pm u

4. i do it full time

.NET, mostly VB, Adobe Flash CS3, SQL, you name it.

5. Sorry Andrew, if you was a Visual Basic dude, then I might of been able to help you.
    My experience with VB is that I borrowed a copy of VB Learning Edition 5, and learnt a bit from that and can build quite a few applciations, from my self taught-ness at home, whilst being unemployed, also iv done a bit of HTML, VERY basic, as can been seen in my website, I like to keep things easy, ands simple, unlike following other peoples' codes, lal tabbed in, makes it harder to follow, and read.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Once upon a time a long long time ago in a life far far away, C (the old standard one), Fortran, Pascal,

Back in my youthful days, Now, I couldn't program or look at code anymore with any amount of sanity. I know a ton of folks here are great at it and will help you out.

Good luck.

Wade

7. oh.....
    fortran and pascal
    wow....
    that brings back memories.... not all of them good.. :rolleyes: 

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Got a good reference for SQL for absolute morons? :biggrin:

After I spent the last couple of days totally blowing up my website...I might be tempted to actually learn something.

9. ^ ohhh i need to learn adobe flash and sql and php... wait a minute, i need help with c++ at the moment! well not right right now, i have homework due monday. i can slack off a little. C++ is more inportant right now than learning flash or any other program!! roar!

why is my class so difficult?

10. actually I have always loved the dummies books, i have used many for other things....

11. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I'll look for one! I'll freely admit to the dummy title. :biggrin:

12. i starting programming at the age of 10 using a TRS-80 hooked up to a black and white television and recording programs onto a tape drive.

13. Flash is very cool and not really that hard to use, the hard part IMHO, is spending the time to get everything right, that takes soooooo much time, it's a very slow process to build a flash site. I have worked on a movie (not a movie movie, but a flash 'movie') for hours and then screwed everything up and had to start over.

14. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    I guess I'll chime in and offer some help in Perl. Again, not the C++ help you require. . .

15. What are trying to do? Currently using C# and C++.

16. #include <stdio.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>

printf("What does your program have to do?\n"); :biggrin:

Sean

17. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    I'm a professional Java, C#, and Javascript developer. I'm sure there are a number of us here that can be of assistance.

18. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Same Here, not all good! :biggrin:

19. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Or as we called it here in the midwest Fortran 66, (same thing) and I spent time compiling it too and was in the middle of the transition to 77. I just hated the old goto that was used in the old Fortran and the older sample programs we broke down and compiled were just awful, I just didn't get the hang of it as quick as some of my talented classmates. Why I liked pascal, you couldn't get to fancy with that, and used words more. No nonsense clean and good rules, but I got out of it all anyway except for some amiga basic CLI later on.

The old punch machine was an old archaic general electric vac. Those were the days!

Had a machine language assembly class that got me out of basic, which then dove onto F66 and I shortly realized when we were moving up to the heavy stuff right at my college time, it wasn't for me.

20. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I've been doing C/C++/Pascal/SQL for the past 12 years on the job... Let me know if you need help. I am not willing to write an entire program for you, but I can help you out if you're getting errors or don't understand a specific concept...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.