Any experience with Nikon 14-24 (non-Z) on Z6?

I am looking at adding a wide angle lens to my collection, and am pretty set on going with a 14-30.

Having said that, I am noticing there are more and more used non-Z 14-24 available (at a cheaper cost than the 14-30) and was wondering how that lens works with the Z6. I know it is an older lens, so it might be showing its age, but I am wondering if anyone here has tried both and can provide their opinion on the differences

My experience is that the 14-30 was an equal in the center and sharper in the corners. Overall, I am very pleased with the image quality of Z lens over the F mount. Lighter, more compact, takes regular filters, etc. The 14-30 also has more distortion that is corrected in-camera so you lose a little off the side as a result. I sold my AFS 14-24 as it was losing value so quickly. Thought I might invest in the Z 14-24 2.8, but just cannot see enough advantage over the f4 sibling to justify the +$1,300.

I'm currently testing out all of my lenses on my Z7ii. Here is a quick snap this morning using the 14-24

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom