1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any good, in-depth Nik Software tutorials out there?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by wgilles, Jul 27, 2009.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I am looking for some quality, in-depth Nik software tutorials. I looked at the ones on their site and I am looking for something deeper. I am looking for tutorials on all of their products. Thanks in advance.

2. would love to see some of the same but i can find very little on the net.

3. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Probably the best information is the book that's available on their web site: "The Official Nik Software Image Enhancement Guide." Joshua D. Bradley is the author and he presents workflow demos for all of Nik's products. They are actually pretty good. There is also a CD with the book that contains trials of all the products.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    John

4. zeus1

zeus1

Dec 14, 2006
    Belgium
    Mmmmmm...

The Amazon.com critiques are quite negative about the "The Official Nik Software Image Enhancement Guide"

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I noticed that too. I'll have to just compile all of the online tutorials.

6. Bilkeau

Bilkeau

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    Did a quick Youtube search. Hope you find some of these helpful.

Nick

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks Nick, but I needed Nik software, not Capture NX. I'll search on YouTube though, didn't think of that

8. I bought the "The Official Nik Software Image Enhancement Guide" last month; you can do better just futzing around in the different apps.

9. BjornH

BjornH

Mar 8, 2009
    Norway
  10. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks everyone, those are some good resources.

11. Now if Nik could just release silver efex pro for NX2! (sorry COMPLETELY off topic)

12. AntonioJV

AntonioJV

Aug 9, 2007
    SP-Brasil
    Will, there are some very good webinar from NIKsoftware and they are free as long as you enroll. Next is scheduled for august,11 2009.
    www.niksoftware.com/webinars
    Rgds
    Antonio

13. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.