Any gun people here?

Any gun people in here? I'm thinking of getting into handguns and rifles. I think it would be fun and stress relieving to go to a shooting range. Any advice on what to get?

PGB

OH YEAH!

OH yeah. I'm a gun freak too.

I have Glocks, Sig Sauer's, HK, S&W revolvers, and have owned Walther's, and probably many others that I cannot remember.

My current favorite is the Sig Sauer P229DAK .357 sig caliber.

Next favorite would be Glock Model 30 .45acp. This is the most accurate hangun that I have.

Good luck however getting a permit in CA!

Here are some links. When I get back from my holiday I'll post some pics of my collection.

Sig P229 DAK
p229r-dak-large.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glock 30
g30.jpg

I consider myself to be an advanced pistol marksman. I enjoy going to the range but haven't in several months due to my photography hobby.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I enjoy talking about fine weaponry. :)

PGB

Oh, and for rifles I like to shoot .223 Armalite Ar-15's. Next choice would be M1 Garand in 30.06 and then M1a in 30.06. The M1's are WW2/Vietnam era and are super accurate.

If you are just getting started I would find a gun club or range that rents handguns and rifles. Get their safety training first and rent some. It is difficult to suggest what a good gun would be for someone as everyone is different. Your hand size, weight, can make a difference. You want to get something that fits good. Glocks are good choices but require special training. I prefer them and other handguns without external safety levers. Less you have to worry about.

Remember the most dangerous gun is an unloaded one! They are the ones that get you.

uuuuuuuuuuu.............Patrick!! I promise to always be nice to you!! Auburn is the greatest team ever!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a Ruger P89 9mm......it's alright. I don't shoot it much. Just have it in the house for protection. A buddy of mine has a few Glocks.....very nice. If I were to ever get another pistol it would be a Glock, b/c of it's durability and light weight. He showed me a Glock 45 that fit in the palm of his hand. Very impressive!! I also have a 270 rifle. I like it b/c it has a little bit longer range than a 30-30 or 30 ought 6. I do not hunt often, but I hope to pick it back up in the future. :) :)

I have a beautiful Beretta 5000S 9mm and a concealed carry permit to go with it. I enjoy a little target shooting on occasion in order to keep my skills up. I have qualified expert on the Treasury Dept. range in Wash. D.C. After serving 10 years in the military it just seemed like something I wanted to do. I do not hunt animals except with a camera.

PGB

greyflash said:
I have a beautiful Beretta 5000S 9mm and a concealed carry permit to go with it. I enjoy a little target shooting on occasion in order to keep my skills up. I have qualified expert on the Treasury Dept. range in Wash. D.C. After serving 10 years in the military it just seemed like something I wanted to do. I do not hunt animals except with a camera.

I almost bought a 5000s as it is a nice concealed weapon. Like you I don't hunt but used to when I was a kid. Now I only shoot clay pidgeons.

Is your 5000s the model with the saftey or DAO?

Thanks,

My first carry-gun here in Washington was a Glock 26, 9mm sub-compact. Went to my girst Glock shoot with it, took second place and got paid :lol: . Also shot IPSC with it, they thought I was crazy shooting steel at 25 yards with the "little bitty thing", but I was having fun. Moved up to a .40 caliber and hated it, recoil felt "crappy". Then to a Para-Ordnance sub-compact .45, it was quite nice but just a touch too small. Then along came the Glock 30, just love it. Funny thing is my wife has a S&W 686 plus, a 7 shot .357 magnum. Stainless, 6" barrel, weighs about 100 lbs. :lol: . run out of ammo, club them to death. Best thing is we all know the "bad guys" can only count to 6..........

Sure wish the nation would wake up and understand how nice "carry reciprocity" would be....

PGB

Retief said:
Sure wish the nation would wake up and understand how nice "carry reciprocity" would be....

I'm with you on that one.

I really like the G30. I never got paid at a GSSF match. I was always good but too good to get paid. My buddy finished 25th and got 50.00 :)

I never liked the Para's. I had one and it was a jammomatic. Traded it on a Glock 19.

Glocks are great but my favorites are Sigs, especially the P228 and P229DAk.

Good to have you back!

Wow, so many gun enthusiast! Yeah, most of my gun experience is from shooting pop cans with some old german 22. caliber pistol in my backyard. I was thinking of getting into more serious weaponary though. Lately all my gun experience is from playing military type videogames. I was thinking of getting into paintball, but shooting real guns seems more exciting.

PGB

I don't like paint ball. I was brought up to never point any gun at something you didn't want to destroy. That goes for toy guns too.

Patrick Bramlett said:
I don't like paint ball. I was brought up to never point any gun at something you didn't want to destroy. That goes for toy guns too.

Well they're not real guns and if they sell paintball kits at Target, how dangerous can it be? :)

Retief said:
What are you guys, a bunch of right-wing-paranoid-whacko-nut-jobs or something :?: :?: :?: :?:

Here is a fun page, not quite a carry-weapon, but then again....

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/video/

Haha...if you met me, I am the complete opposite! I think guns are like cameras, it's more like admiring and respecting a well engineered product. It's what people do with those products that determines the negatives and positives. :)

Real Name
Chris
Jonathan F. said:
Any gun people in here? I'm thinking of getting into handguns and rifles. I think it would be fun and stress relieving to go to a shooting range. Any advice on what to get?

Hi Jonathan! I'm thinkin' about your history: your stolen D100, getting run over, the seamy Hollywood scene and all. I'd say a small but high caliber machine gun like an Uzi or Mack would be just the thing for a little stress relief. Hang it with a camera strap on your left side under a jacket. You never know when you're gonna run into one of those m.... uh, miscreants, and they'll never know what hit 'em.

firearm.jpg

:) Just kidding, of course, I'm a leftie too, and I never carry when I go to LA. It's like a magnet there.

I've owned a gun since 1979. Never shot it, and I don't even know why I've hung onto it.

Well, I did shoot it once... with my camera. I put together this composition, titled "Smoking Gun",
for an anti-smoking community service program... which kind of ironic considering that I'm a smoker :?.

41131576.gif

Latest threads

Top Bottom