1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any heard of this company?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Gary7770, Jul 11, 2008.

1. www.direc2uelectronics.com

Selling a 600mm VR for $7900

Sent them an email and got this reply:

"Your wholesale prices are attached. All items are new in boxes with US warranties. We are based out of Detroit, MI. but we have warehouses all over the U.S. We are an authorized seller of the entire Canon, Nikon, Sigma and Tamron product lines, including cameras. We wholesale to the public. Our company is DIREC2U ELECTRONICS. I can send you a wholesale pricelist of these items if you like. As for payment, we have our corporate website where you can securely pay and receive your receipt and tracking information. We accept payment by phone, internet, and fax for our corporate customers. Also, my direct line is Toll Free 877-828-0102 ext. 710. My name is James Stephens. I would be happy to help you. "

Thanks,
    Gary

2. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    I wonder if contacting nikon directly, and asking them if said company is actually an authorized seller, would produce any good results.

3. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    They aren't in resellerratings.com and there's the old saying if it sounds too good to be true....

4. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    From their website

5. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    The real owner of the website is hidden.
    IMO, This has all the earmarks of a scam company.

The parent company,J.L. International Inc, appears only in two trade listings but has no web site.

6. Chances are that even if they were legitimate, they won't be able to deliver you a 600mm at the moment, since they are on very limited availability. At the most they will take your order and make you wait.

And we all know that if something is on limited availability, it is very unlikely that those who do have the unit to sell would be selling it at such a reduced price :biggrin:

7. Yeah, it's JL Electronics and their one review in Reseller Ratings isn't very nice. That's an unbelievable price for that lens.

8. I would not buy here, that's my advice. If you did, I would use the American Express card

9. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
  10. NeilM

NeilM Guest

Even if the price is decent, for that much money I wouldn't take the risk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.