1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any idea what these flowers are

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by aerostat56, Aug 1, 2007.

1. I took these on vacation in NC. My wife would like to try them in our garden but we have no idea what they are.
    View attachment 109125

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  2. I see the dreaded red x's. (invisibilis nonimagis)

3. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    I can see them fine. The first is some kind of Hibiscus. The second is a passion flower . Locally they're called maypops. The passion flowers are easy to grow, at least in SE Louisiana.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Passion flowers grow wild here in Florida.

The red and white is one type of hibiscus I have never seen, if it is one.
    The leaves are to different
    Super shots

5. Laura

Laura Guest

The red plant is a swamp hibiscus. They are hardy zones 7-9, and grow to be about 5' - 8' tall. They are usually found in water gardening stores, considered to be a shallow water tropical. Most of these plants can be put in the ground but need a fair amount of water. Hopefully this link will work. http://www.watergarden.org/s.nl/it.A/id.634/.f
    Laura

6. Thanks Laura, I knew someone here would know. This is the best group around. And they shoot Nikons too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.