Any ideas for carrying a tripod on a sling bag?

I have a ThinkTank Photo Turnstyle V2.0 sling bag that I like very much, but I haven't figured out a way to carry a small tripod on it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The tripod I like to carry on hikes is a Gitzo GT0531 with a RRS BH-25 ball head. The entire rig weighs just 2.0 lbs.

Do any of you have an innovative idea?

Thanks for looking.

If there are attachment points top and bottom on the non-zippered side you could get a couple of nylon straps with buckles. I can'tthink ofanything else.

Larry

If there are attachment points top and bottom on the non-zippered side you could get a couple of nylon straps with buckles. I can'tthink ofanything else.

Larry
Unfortunately there are no attachment points...that's the main problem. There is the loop at the top for lifting it, and small loop at the bottom visible in the picture.

A couple of small straps/ball-bungies that attach to the handle and lower strap? Or a long nylon bag that attaches like a quiver?
Your first suggestion might provide a lead, Nick. I plan to stop by one of our outdoor equipment stores and see what I can find.

O.K. here's my initial solution:

I'll probably eventually cut out the excess strap material between the two attachment points and just have the two loops.

The outdoor shop sold me the buckles for $1.00 each, and threw in the strap for no charge. (y)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom