1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any ideas for carrying a tripod on a sling bag?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Pa, Sep 27, 2018.

1. I have a ThinkTank Photo Turnstyle V2.0 sling bag that I like very much, but I haven't figured out a way to carry a small tripod on it.

think_tank_photo_456_turnstyle_5_v2_0_convertible_1496684760000_1340541.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The tripod I like to carry on hikes is a Gitzo GT0531 with a RRS BH-25 ball head. The entire rig weighs just 2.0 lbs.

Do any of you have an innovative idea?

Thanks for looking.

2. If there are attachment points top and bottom on the non-zippered side you could get a couple of nylon straps with buckles. I can'tthink ofanything else.

Larry

3. A couple of small straps/ball-bungies that attach to the handle and lower strap? Or a long nylon bag that attaches like a quiver?

4. Unfortunately there are no attachment points...that's the main problem. There is the loop at the top for lifting it, and small loop at the bottom visible in the picture.

Your first suggestion might provide a lead, Nick. I plan to stop by one of our outdoor equipment stores and see what I can find.

5. Perhaps a separate tripod bag not attached to your camera bag would work.

6. I'd consider those to be attachment points.

Larry

7. Well I've certainly considered that, but I would prefer to attach it to the sling bag.

They were not designed for that purpose, but I hope to use them in that way.

8. If you have a suitable tripod bag and if you like your camera bag so much that you don't want to have to change it, you could go to a leather/suitcase repair shop. They would be able to add an attachment point to your camera bag.

9. Stick one leg of the tripod into a slightly opened zipper and use a bungee to keep it tight to the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have the solution in mind and I'll display it here when I get the necessary parts.

11. Is there a carrying bag for your tripod? I've used carabiners hooked onto the camera bag straps.

12. What you need is a caddy . . . know anyone who will walk with you and advise you on your shots, and carry you 'pod? :ROFLMAO: :D :rolleyes: 

13. She hasn't offered yet.

14. (y)(y)(y)

15. O.K. here's my initial solution:

D55_0448-XL.jpg

D55_0450-XL.jpg

D55_0451-XL.jpg

I'll probably eventually cut out the excess strap material between the two attachment points and just have the two loops.

The outdoor shop sold me the buckles for $1.00 each, and threw in the strap for no charge. (y)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.