Any ideas on this problem?????????

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by stayathomedad, Oct 2, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    Something is going crazy on my macbook...

All of a sudden my blues in my images have gotten much deeper and have lost detail as if I switched from millions down to 256 colors... across all apps and images...

After a bit of this and that trying to figure what is going on, I logged in under my wife's profile, downloaded a photo from the web, and set my color profile to color LCD... I then logged back in under my profile and did likewise... The image should look the same on both profiles, but under MY profile there is a total lack of detail (like setting to 256) and the blues are way way saturated...

Also - the image I downloaded looks normal in firefox 2.0.0.16, but has issues in safari... Which would lead one to think it has something to do with color profiles...

ANY IDEAS?

2. I don't know the solution, but I can help you poke around...

First I'd try to delete the user/library/preferences/com.apple.ColorSyncCalibrator.plist and see if that has any effect.

Then maybe moving the user/library/ColorSync/Profiles/xxxx.icc file to the trash (without emptying the trash - just in case) and then maybe log out and back in with that user might help.

Good luck.

3. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    After a few hours of messing around, I figured out the problem...

The issue is with the profiles created when I use my x-rite display2 monitor calibrator...

For some reason the profiles make the blues look crazy and lose detail...

It makes me upset in that I spent $200 to fix these sorts of problems, not create them...

4. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Respectfully, I would assume user error, if the issue showed up immediately after you profiled the system. It is a very good instrument and the software is good, but it's still under the control of the person using it - so results are up to the person.

Before going there, I would go to System Preferences/Displays/Color and make sure the correct profile is chosen. I have observed that sometimes systems, on their own, change what profile the system uses, which directly impacts how almost all apps display color. Selecting the correct one addresses the change in how the display reproduces color.