1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Little Cub, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hi Cafe!

I am looking at getting a second camera and using my D70s as a back-up for my work. I am looking specifically at the D200. I have been doing some research online and I am not too sure what is a legitimate deal and what is a scam. I am looking for the body only. Here in Vegas, the body only is going for approx. $1300-1600. :eek:  Does anybody know of any legitimate businesses online that have a D200 body only. I would prefer to keep the price between $700-900. I wasn't sure if I should post this on the "For Sale" post as I would be willing to find a camera anywhere as long as it is not a "Grey Market" camera or a scam. I would also be looking into the possibility of doing a trade for my AF Micro-Nikkor ED 200mm f/4 D IF telephoto lens. The lens itself has been professionaly used in a lab under a very controlled environment. The lens comes with the instruction paper, the lens and connector cover, as well as a 62mm polarizer lens, and the carrying tube. This would be a last resort, but is not out of the question if the offer is good. Any help with this situation would be very much appreciated.

Thanks-
    Little Cub

2. I don't think I've ever seen a D200 going for less than $1100 in the "For Sale" section.

You might also want to consider a D80 which would be in your price range.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Go D200 if you can

4. Lil' Cub... post it in the FS as WTB and you'll get the attention we seek.

As for a "legitimate deal" I wouldn't expect less than $1,000 for a fairly good unit.

5. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hey Gang!

I did look at the D80, but think I would prefer to go with the D200. I think I will add this to the FS to see what happens. Here's hoping to join the D200 club! Thank you guys for all your help!

Little Cub

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.