Any info

I use the Sekonic L-358 with the internal PocketWizard module. It allows me to trigger my PW equipped strobes wirelessly when I take readings.

While I don't have the PW module inside, I'm also a big fan of the Sekonic 358.

Hi been looking at light meters
Do you mean for manual studio flash? Do you mean for incident in daylight?

I have the Sekonic L-308S (lower cost than the 358), and it is more than plenty for manual studio flash. Could not ask for more.

But it is "shutter preferred only" (ideal for studio flash), and is not the best choice in daylight. But I use the Nikon camera meter in daylight.

Do you mean for manual studio flash? Do you mean for incident in daylight?

I have the Sekonic L-308S (lower cost than the 358), and it is more than plenty for manual studio flash. Could not ask for more.

But it is "shutter preferred only" (ideal for studio flash), and is not the best choice in daylight. But I use the Nikon camera meter in daylight.
I too bought this as my D80 meter is in my eyes; quirky at best. To have this budget meter available is a great validation... I had looked at the higher price models but on my beer budget this was the fit for me... +1

I have the L-358, and love it. However, I just picked up a used Polaris SPD-100 for a cousin of mine. It was a lot less money, and it works great. It isn't waterproof, and the plastic isn't as nice, but it is accurate. After I got it, I found that it is the meter used by some of the portrait studios around town.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom