Any interest in a Canadian get-together in Toronto this Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something in August? We're on our last container of Canadian Maple syrup (thanks Sandi! ) so we're looking to another jaunt 'to the Great North' :tongue:. Once word gets around we'll move this to places to shoot.

If you're gonna be there, I think most of the Cafe guys are gonna be there - no WAY are we passing up the opportunity to shoot with the Cafe studmufin! :)

TO-RON-TO!

4436458471_e159b1d222.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had a terrible time there in March. It was as cold as it could possibly be and still be raining. Raining so hard I couldn't see out my hotel window.

I wanna go back!

I can give a yes when we know the dates. I'm loaning out my house to visitors from the UK so the dates will matter to me. BTW, August in TO is supposed to be BRUTALLY hot.

C'mon Sandi, it's not the heat it's the humidity.:biggrin:

Sometime at the end of August I'll be driving my daughter back to Halifax for school, I don't know the dates yet, but we could plan this and I'll either work around it or send my regrets.

So what would people like to try and shoot?

So what would people like to try and shoot?

A bunch of people with cameras walking down the street... that will be fun.

Dundas Square and the TD towers atrium are a must ... so is Casa Loma, then there is the ... if we work it well, the Kensington Market pedestrian Sunday which is always great so is the graffiti alley on Queen street starting at Spadina and city hall ... what else? The ROM is a must from the outside and a walk down U of T downtown campus is always fun photography wise.

There is Toronto Island which can be fun but the beaches is funner IMHO in terms of area and things to do while there.

It really depends on the dates - again we could even do a day trip by bus - to Niagara Falls... leave at 8:15 a.m. and come back around 6:30 ish in time for dinner ... just to maximize what's in and around the city of Toronto, get back to me when you guys have set a date for the Toronto GTG.

Casa Loma

_DSC3831.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The ROM

View attachment 678302

Graffiti alley

View attachment 678303

Queen Street West

View attachment 678304

Kensington Market

View attachment 678305

Centre Island

View attachment 678306

Dundas Square

View attachment 678307

The beaches (digging out very old pics...)

View attachment 678308

City Hall

View attachment 678309

In addition to places already mentioned, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Humber Bay Bridge, Queen Street virtually from one end to the other, Edward's Gardens, Cherry Beach and the Portlands, Spadina and Chinatown, St. Lawrence Market (on a Saturday), Canadian National Exhibition (commencing August 20th).
The Kensington Pedestrian Sunday is always the last Sunday of the month which will be on the 29th in August.

In addition to places already mentioned, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Humber Bay Bridge, Queen Street virtually from one end to the other, Edward's Gardens, Cherry Beach and the Portlands, Spadina and Chinatown, St. Lawrence Market (on a Saturday), Canadian National Exhibition (commencing August 20th).
The Kensington Pedestrian Sunday is always the last Sunday of the month which will be on the 29th in August.

Let's not forget the CN tower :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom