Any interest in a traveling camera project? All full now!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Aug 11, 2008.

1. This is an idea from another forum but I thought it might be fun to do here if anyone is interested. I have an extra Canonet QL17 GIII fixed lens rangefinder that we could use. The idea here is to receive the camera, shoot a roll of film, get it developed then post the pictures here. After that put a trinket from your area in with the camera then mail to the next person on the list. Anyway let me know if you're interested and I'll get a list together and start her on her way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Yep, count me in!

3. Excellent Lynn! Let's see if we can get at least 10 people to participate. This should be fun!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Me too, me too! This sounds familiar Ray, I'm the last leg of Will's project at RFF. One here, with this crowd would be extremely fun!

5. Me Four! Would be a lot of fun!

6. Good, good, good, guys! Hopefully tomorrow some of our European friends will join in! Let's get this camera spinning around the globe!

7. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Hey, this sounds like fun!
    I'm in, if there's still room!

8. Hey Tor, you're certainly most welcome to join! Now that makes 5 so far! 5 more to go!:biggrin:

9. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    Ooo, I'm in! way cool :)  remind me to not put Gouda cheese in the package though ;) 

10. Or other seemingly innocent herbal products from the land of windmills and tulips...:biggrin:

11. Well, glad to have you in the game! And thanks for omitting the cheese!:biggrin:Okay we have 4 more slots to go!

Lol!:biggrin:

12. Well, if you want, this could be a nice way to retry RF shooting.. :) 
    Count me in even if I'm not sure which kind of pictures could I take....
    Just to be sure.. for "trinket" you mean some kind of souvenir, isn't it?
    Regards to everyone.

13. Good luck ya'lll! Look forward to seeing what ya'll post!:rolleyes: 

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah bay-bee! Both of you of you NEED to do this!

I was in a traveling camera project years ago on dpr. I was fun as all get out! I made a special trip just for the shots for that project, and they turned out to be one ogf the best sets I have ever posted!!!

I encourage you to participate, especially if this is not your normal way of shooting. I has a way of both bringing out new aspects of your photography, AND giving a voice to your individual style. Go for it now, before all the slots are taken!

15. I haven't seen a film camera in probably too many years! I doubt it if I could even remember how to load the thing! I'd rather sit back and see what you more experienced photographers would come up with!:tongue::biggrin:

16. Dino, welcome aboard transworld camera airlines. The trinket could be anything emblematic of where you live - something cheap that's sold to tourists. In fact the cheaper and sillier the better! 3 slots left!

17. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    You mean the experienced photographers and Tor, right?

18. Yeah! I wanna see what ya'll can do - I'm still learning to take the lens cap off! LOL! :rolleyes: 

19. This sounds like fun. I am in the right end of Connecticut and I am in.

Cheers

20. John, glad you could join this little venture! Okay folks just 2 slots left open!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.