Any Journey fans here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
  2. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    I think that is awesome for the band. I love Journey and always have. I was always a closet fan. It's hard to replace Steve Perry - you can never really "replace" a lead - but this guy's voice is so similar, it's pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing!

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Yeah I saw an interview with the band and they're really happy with him, his singing and energy that he has brought to the band. It's funny to hear him talk with a thick accent and be able to sing like that.

4. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    I didn't hear him talk. I'll have to find that part.

5. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    He really does sound amazingly like Steve Perry.
    Great story, too.
    Thanks for letting us know.

6. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Awesome story. How can you dislike a guy like that? From rags to riches... Don't know much about the history, but it would be so cool if Steve Perry went to one of the concerts and made a brief appearance and applauded him.

Weird thing is, too, that he sounded just like Sting with his old band! Bizarre.

7. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    The new lead singer was previously the lead singer of a Journey Tribute band.

8. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Yes, but they show him doing a version of Roxanne as well.

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I think he's just an all around good singer. My guess is he was an avid karaoke singer.

10. Wow, sounds like the movie Rockstar but in real life!

11. He is amazing!!! Forget the closet, I've always loved Journey, had no idea they had a replacement for Perry, I knew they were kicking around with wannabes for a while, but this guy Arnel sounds like the real deal. Good for him!!! Great interview as well.

12. This guy is a great singer. Most impressive is his ability to sound like many different singers. He is a fantastic mimic!! A rags to riches story for this talented guy.

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Whoa baby he's a good singer! I love that song...one of my favorites.

14. Luv Journey too....we all miss Steve Perry!
    Arnel is from the Philippines, a great Singer and I come from the Philippines too, but a great Photographer:biggrin:lol
    sal

15. I still have some vinyl from Journey durning my DJ days. Arnel Pineda is probably one of the few filipino celebrities I follow. His personality and drive is a good representation of our people. Being an all around music lover and casual Journey fan, I was a bit hesitant to see someone step in the shoes of Steve Perry. If you close your eyes and listen to Arnel it's uncanny.

The new Journey album is awesome! Too bad it's not on vinyl!:tongue:

16. I've got tickets for one of their shows in September. Gonna be rad.

17. A Pinoy front man for Journey!! I closed my eyes and could not distinguish a difference between him and Steve Perry on this classic song. The heart of the band (Schon, Cain & Vallory) is still intact. It looks like a brighter future for them.

18. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Whaddayaknow?! I used to be a DJ too! Pinoys, man.....tell me...are you also good at billiards? :wink: I made a living out of it at one point of my life. But yeah, I'm proud of Arnel and what he's done.

19. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Wish I was goin'. Too bad it's sold out now :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.