Any Journey fans here?

I think that is awesome for the band. I love Journey and always have. I was always a closet fan. It's hard to replace Steve Perry - you can never really "replace" a lead - but this guy's voice is so similar, it's pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I saw an interview with the band and they're really happy with him, his singing and energy that he has brought to the band. It's funny to hear him talk with a thick accent and be able to sing like that.

He really does sound amazingly like Steve Perry.
Great story, too.
Thanks for letting us know.

Awesome story. How can you dislike a guy like that? From rags to riches... Don't know much about the history, but it would be so cool if Steve Perry went to one of the concerts and made a brief appearance and applauded him.

Weird thing is, too, that he sounded just like Sting with his old band! Bizarre.

He is amazing!!! Forget the closet, I've always loved Journey, had no idea they had a replacement for Perry, I knew they were kicking around with wannabes for a while, but this guy Arnel sounds like the real deal. Good for him!!! Great interview as well.

Luv Journey too....we all miss Steve Perry!
Arnel is from the Philippines, a great Singer and I come from the Philippines too, but a great Photographer:biggrin:lol
sal

I still have some vinyl from Journey durning my DJ days. Arnel Pineda is probably one of the few filipino celebrities I follow. His personality and drive is a good representation of our people. Being an all around music lover and casual Journey fan, I was a bit hesitant to see someone step in the shoes of Steve Perry. If you close your eyes and listen to Arnel it's uncanny.

The new Journey album is awesome! Too bad it's not on vinyl!:tongue:

A Pinoy front man for Journey!! I closed my eyes and could not distinguish a difference between him and Steve Perry on this classic song. The heart of the band (Schon, Cain & Vallory) is still intact. It looks like a brighter future for them.

I still have some vinyl from Journey durning my DJ days. Arnel Pineda is probably one of the few filipino celebrities I follow. His personality and drive is a good representation of our people. Being an all around music lover and casual Journey fan, I was a bit hesitant to see someone step in the shoes of Steve Perry. If you close your eyes and listen to Arnel it's uncanny.

The new Journey album is awesome! Too bad it's not on vinyl!:tongue:

Whaddayaknow?! I used to be a DJ too! Pinoys, man.....tell me...are you also good at billiards? :wink: I made a living out of it at one point of my life. But yeah, I'm proud of Arnel and what he's done.

Latest threads

Top Bottom