Any luck contacting Fred Miranda ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fireman, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Last year, I bought the following actions and plugins from FM: FM Frames, BW Workflow Pro Plugin (Mac version), ISOx Pro Plugin v1.1 (Mac version).

I really love these products. Unfortunately, one of my hard drives went bad a few week ago and I lost everything that was on it including those 3 files. I wish I had burnt these on a CD somewhere but I did not. I tried downloading them again from the FM site using the link provided with the receipt I received by email but I get an arror message stating that my download period has expired.

I have sent numerous emails through the FM site and have not received a single answer yet. This is really frustrating as I trusted FM to offer much more support then that. I paid more than $60 USD for the 3 products and now it looks like I'll have to pay them once more in order to download them again...

I guess I'll try one more time if if it fails, I'll start looking for alternatives. I'm not sure I want to do business with him again.

2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I feel your pain Jean-Pierre but I believe the email FM sends out with the download specifically mentions that you won't be able to use it again, that you should backup the download. Not trying to bust your chops but they have a right to safeguard against malicious attempts to get their actions. No way for them to tell if a request is legit and from the original purchaser.

btw, now might be a good time to purchase something like Norton Ghost. Automatically backs up all your data and OS on a regular basis.

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Every good company I've ever bought software from has stood behind me with key replacement, download replacement, whatever I need. As long as they can look you up, they take care of it, that's been my experience. So, agree this is not very good service.

4. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I agree Doug but FM specifically states their terms when you buy from them.

5. There is no mention of that on the receipt I received from them. Also, they should at least answer my emails to let me know if I can or not download them again...

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Its been a few years since I ordered plug ins from them Jean-Pierre. Maybe they've changed their MO. I'm on your side in thinking the least they should do is make some sort of response.

7. I lost one of my FM PI's due to a hard disc crash. I sent an Email to Fred and he was nice enough to allow me to download it again. I know that he is very busy and it may take some time for him to answer. His is not a big operation and that is reflected in his low price for his products. This was about a year ago when this took place.

8. JeffP

JeffP Guest

I have all of th FM pluggin... but for PC, do you think is works on MAC?

9. I'm happy to report that I finally received an answer by email and guess what ? There were 3 attachments in the emails ! Here is the answer I received.
    I now have 3 separate backups of these plugins and other software I don't want to loose. I wasn't sure if I'd ever buy another product from FM before I received the answer. I'll definitely go back to buy some more and I'll make sure I back them up. Lesson learned !