Any Maxpreps shooters here

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Aug 5, 2007.

1. how is the revenue ?
    do you like shooting for them ?
  2. I shot for them their first year about 3 years ago. They are probably different now since being purchased by CBS.

My biggest problem was that they accepted very few images that weren't shot with a flash. I have a real problem personally with shooting action sports with a flash, both from a photogapher's standpoint and the distraction it can be to the players.

If you don't mind shooting with a flash, you'll get some good shots and then its all up to you to make sure the parents and fans know where to go to purchase the images. They do sell some images for publication (very few) but most of them are for parents. You're not going to make a full time living but I have heard that some photographers have made a thousand $ a month, but you have to be a go-getter to drum up business.

It's not a bad way to fine tune you're night time football shooting.

If I was to ever do it seriously I'd pay some kids to run around the stands and hand out business cards or post cards with all the purchase information.

Just my .02 cents.
  3. acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    I shoot for MaxPreps once in a while. My only beef was the workflow. It's tooooooooooo time consuming and slow. I can do as well on my own. Other than that they are a great bunch of guys and they will get you sales.