Any Old Folks Remember "COLD DUCK"?

Cold Duck id the stuff I used to drink way too much of when I was in my late teens (perhaps a bit earlier than that) and I used to get awfully sick on the stuff!

Anyway...this is the first time I've done a "SHOT OF COLD DUCK" in my life :D

I shot this in matrix and used an EV of +0.7 and I still needed to bump it up +.17 EV in Capture but I think it was fairly close.

How would you have exposed for this?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jim:

I think you have done a nice job on the exposure. The white duck feathers on the tail, the ring around the neck, and the small white edges of the hidden wing-bars are all a different white than the snow in the foreground and the white (more snow or clouds?) in the background. It can be really difficult to keep the whites from blowing out to all the same white.

We had similar problems shooting white penguin fronts against white snow in Antarctica.

Hope you don't have to teach everyone how to do this during the February shoot!

Bob

B

bpetterson

jfenton said:
Cold Duck id the stuff I used to drink way too much of when I was in my late teens (perhaps a bit earlier than that) and I used to get awfully sick on the stuff!

I shot this in matrix and used an EV of +0.7 and I still needed to bump it up +.17 EV in Capture but I think it was fairly close.

Ah yes! Cold Duck served in a hollow stem glass. Great with Steak.

Birger

jfenton said:

You exposure is quite good, I mean the snow is white and the ducks colors are very good. Nicely done and yes, the duck does look cold.

Gordon

You gonna take some of that "white stuff" down South with you just to show those folks what it is?????

Nice shot, I really like the snow on the duck's bill, adds a nice touch. Get them cold enough and the are ready for freezer, "on the hoof" so to speak.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom