Any Old Folks Remember "COLD DUCK"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Jan 30, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Cold Duck id the stuff I used to drink way too much of when I was in my late teens (perhaps a bit earlier than that) and I used to get awfully sick on the stuff!

Anyway...this is the first time I've done a "SHOT OF COLD DUCK" in my life :D

I shot this in matrix and used an EV of +0.7 and I still needed to bump it up +.17 EV in Capture but I think it was fairly close.

How would you have exposed for this?

2. Jim

Just saw this on Dpreview ...brrr cold soon you will be warm, I have decided to make the trip down too.

3. Jim:

I think you have done a nice job on the exposure. The white duck feathers on the tail, the ring around the neck, and the small white edges of the hidden wing-bars are all a different white than the snow in the foreground and the white (more snow or clouds?) in the background. It can be really difficult to keep the whites from blowing out to all the same white.

We had similar problems shooting white penguin fronts against white snow in Antarctica.

Hope you don't have to teach everyone how to do this during the February shoot!

Bob

4. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Ah yes! Cold Duck served in a hollow stem glass. Great with Steak.

Birger

5. You exposure is quite good, I mean the snow is white and the ducks colors are very good. Nicely done and yes, the duck does look cold.

Gordon

6. You gonna take some of that "white stuff" down South with you just to show those folks what it is?????

Nice shot, I really like the snow on the duck's bill, adds a nice touch. Get them cold enough and the are ready for freezer, "on the hoof" so to speak.