Any one used Moment Lenses

Well the lack of replies is telling . . . so I guess not.

FYI, I did get a moment 58mm and an 18mm. I was dissatisfied with the 18mm because the edges were so bad that by the time you end up cropping them, you are almost no better than the native lens. So I returned it. To the company's credit they began to work with me to understand why I wasn't happy and I sent them several images. They then asked me to send them some images of my phone case with the lens attached. It turns out they had some manufacturing issues that offset the lens on the case and apparently degraded the images. It doesn't show up in all their cases- I guess just some are below spec. They are sending me an improved case once the engineering changes get into the manufactured ones.

Anyway, my judgement on the products are on reserve. Interesting and responsive company though.

As an aside, I've been using the Moment ap to take RAW DNG's. It's a pretty good ap.

I'm thinking about getting the single lens starter pack for my 12 Pro Max....
I've got the XR.

The 18mm lens I assume. I've got the 58 and the anamorphic. The anamorphic is actually kind of fun and certainly gives a different look to videos. I got it mainly for a train trip last year. If you want to take things to the next level for videos, I recommend a gimbal.

Even with the corrected case, I wasn't that impressed with the 18 and ended up returning it though it is their most popular lens.

Doesn't the 12 Pro Max have a pretty good native wide angle?

Real Name
Aaron
I tried a variety of add-on lenses for iPhones (until I got an 11 Pro) and was never really happy with any that I tried, nor the experience of carrying small lenses everywhere (might as well bring a normal camera if I’m going to fool around with lenses and ). Moment’s lenses are by far the best available, most others are mediocre to complete junk.

Now that I have ultrawide, wide, and “telephoto” normal on the 11, I see no need for the add on lenses in any capacity. I don’t do a lot of phone photography, anyway, but if I did, I would be going for the 12 Pro Max.

I tried a variety of add-on lenses for iPhones (until I got an 11 Pro) and was never really happy with any that I tried, nor the experience of carrying small lenses everywhere (might as well bring a normal camera if I’m going to fool around with lenses and ). Moment’s lenses are by far the best available, most others are mediocre to complete junk.

Now that I have ultrawide, wide, and “telephoto” normal on the 11, I see no need for the add on lenses in any capacity. I don’t do a lot of phone photography, anyway, but if I did, I would be going for the 12 Pro Max.
I had a discussion with Moment when I was using the 18 and they agreed that if you are expecting to see DSLR or MILC quality wide angle, you are expecting too much (despite what the numerous u-tubers say). My impression was that once you crop out the 'smeared' edges from the wide, you are not that far off from the native 28mm (equiv). When I want really wide with the XR, I'll do a pano then crop it to my liking.

As I only have one lens, the 58 is occasionally useful. As I said above, the Anamorphic lens is relatively cheap (particularly when it is on sale or if you can pick it up used) and at least gives you a unique look.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom