1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any SAGE Advice

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dakinetx, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Ok guys and gals,
    I have a D200 (bought for missus) a D300 and D2x.
    I adore most of D300 but love the ergonomics,build,viewfinder etc. (and skin tones) of D2x.
    Well, my D300 has (it seems) a spot inside the viewfinder. Dos'nt show in images but aggro as hell to me. So it needs a service.

Anyway, to the post. I have basically all I can call a "Photographic Interview" for a magazine Monday. So, wether good or not, I went and ordered a D3 to be delivered Sat. :) 

Now, I have lusted for awhile and am sure many things are similar to my other camera's but any sage advice you can give me?

I have all pro NON DX lenses, 85mm f/1.4, 70-200 f/2.8vr, 28-70 f/2.8 etc.

Anything to watch out for? Certain settings to dial in? (I am shooting a model for the magazine) etc.

ANY and ALL advice greatly appreciated :) 

Nick

p.s. sorry if posted elsewhere but I am honestly dead tired and busy as heck (please take pity ;) ).
    If (as suspect) camera does NOT have latest firmware, whats the BEST most safe way to upgrade?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.