Any serious chess players??

Just curious with such a large forum what percentage also enjoyed a good game of chess! Maybe we could even get some correspondance games going and a little nikon cafe tourney:wink::biggrin: and pics to boot!

During my school years I played at County level. Best day was playing 20 games at once......... won 15, drew 3, lost 2 :biggrin: was pleased with that result......... but it was a l - o - n - g time ago :wink:

I used to be pretty good, nobody would play me anymore and I haven't had a game in years. I have a computer program or two, but I miss the face to face competition.

I used to be very good at chess, but haven’t played in about 20 years or more. I’m afraid I’d loose my shirt now. My chess board is decoration in the living room now.

I did this back in 2003 with a D100 and an old cheap lens I had at the time. There were two more games going on in the upper right hand of the photo.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We had an ongoing three-way tournament in my student flat at Uni. I would usually beat Biao, and just as usually lose to Dave. Somehow Dave always managed to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory against Biao...

I used to be very good at chess, but haven’t played in about 20 years or more. I’m afraid I’d loose my shirt now. My chess board is decoration in the living room now.

I did this back in 2003 with a D100 and an old cheap lens I had at the time. There were two more games going on in the upper right hand of the photo.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some great action!!
I figured there would be a few chess players lurking! I am hoping to join in on some tournaments and get some pictures soon.

i enjoy a good game of chess but i am by no means any type of pro at it, thou a corespondance game could be fun!

I love chess, but I have been playing different games for a while. I could not find a chess partner, and the computer programs (the default ones) are pretty dumb. I really enjoy 3 board games.
Chess
Shogi (Japanese chess, it's a mind trip)
Igo (chinese strategy game)

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
I like chess, but I don't play very often. My dad taught me how to play when I was like 8 and we played for a couple years when we had a nice chess set, but it got ruined in a flood so we haven't played much at all since then. I've only ever beat him once, but I beat all my friends. :biggrin:

I don't have any strategy, but I get better every time I play on my iphone with friends. It's a free app called chess with friends.

I'm not a chess player, but I'm a retired chess mom...my kids played competitively for many years...I have NO idea how many miles I drove taking them to tournaments!

I ued to play chess seriously until about 15 years ago. Haven't touched the board since, but correspondence chess sounds interesting.

I loved Chess back in high school, but yeah it's probably been 15 years since I last played against someone. I remember pulling the 4 moves checkmate on my friend and he was floored!!! lol. good times :biggrin:

Ive run across GO a few times but nothing serious. I will be joining the USCF and getting an official rating this month! time to suck my children into it, they already love photography :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom