Any Stevie B Fans???

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Miguel, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    I've been shooting a lot of concerts and shows lately and I finally got the chance to meet Stevie B, best-known for his 1990 hit "Because I Love You (The Postman Song).

Anyway, I did a quick photo shoot with him at one of his club gigs and he was quite impressed with me. I ended going to 3 shows with him that weekend. He's working on a behind the scenes documentary and he wants me to be involved as far as doing some photography for him.

I'm not really sure what this will lead to, but time will tell. Either way it's exciting.

Here's one quick shot from the shoot.

2. Looking good Miguel. Congrats on the opportunity! Sounds like you're on your way. It only takes on connect to get your name out there!! Good luck!

3. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    nice pic...that old school. I can see my sister right now...dancing to his music back in...84:rolleyes: 

4. dj addicted

dj addicted

Apr 15, 2008
    Florida
    I met him back in 96. He did a concert at a club in Orlando. He even hung around afterwards signing personalized autographs, BSing with fans, etc. Definitely a class act. Glad to hear he is still out and about doing what he loves and is good at.

5. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Miguel --

Sounds like an excellent opportunity -- congrats and good luck!

Best Regards,

6. Hi Miguel,

I'm from Westport—which club was he at? A few of my friends are fans and may want to see the show.

PS Great photo.

Vince

7. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    Thanks Keith, it's exciting. We'll see what happens.

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, he's pretty cool and still doing his thing. He has quite a following too.

Thank you John.

Hey Vince,

He was at Sin City in Waterbury on Friday. He'll be back in CT on October 29th for a concert at the CT Expo Center. He also has a club performance on November 28th in Milford. Check out his myspace page for more info:

Http://Www.Myspace.Com/Steviebmusic

Sin City has a lot of Freestyle acts too, here is their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/sincityct

8. marn

marn

Mar 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    i might be dating myself but....

I LOVE STEVIE B!!!!

great driving music.... god i feel old now.

9. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    You're welcome.

I know what you mean. He gave me one of his CD's that he sells at his shows. It's a compilation and I put it in the car and can't stop listening to it. Make me feel like I'm 18 again. LOL...

You can get some of his new stuff here:

http://hottunez.com/store/

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Honestly I don't know the man, but I love the image Miguel. You definitely made him look good - nice job! Sounds like a really neat opportunity for you to explore the documentary side of photography. Personally I find that area of our craft extremely compelling. Have fun!

11. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    Thanks Fred. It definitely sounds interesting. Hopefully when I see him in a few weeks I can get a better idea of what I might be doing with him.

By the way, I love the lighting on your picture there. Very nice.

12. Great pic and really cool story!

13. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    Thanks Jim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.