Any tips or tricks for the SB-600?

Well, yeah I know I shoulda bought the SB-800 but I got such a deal on the 3 week old SB-600 I couldn't walk away.

Is there any tips, tricks or other stuff I should know in using the SB-600?

What are the best rechargeables and chargers to go for?

Anything? Anybody?

:biggrin:

Real Name
Alex
I have an SB-600 and am happy with it. I use AA rechargeables 2500 mAh (always carry two sets) and they work fine and last a long time. When I travel out of town I always take the recharger plus you can always get regular AAs.

Works fine with Nikon's RF control system too. I also use it with a diffuser and with a Better Beamer when birding.

Thanks for the input.

I received the SB-600 yesterday and have just put the batteries and and shot a few teswts. Works marvellously!

In the end I bought Energizer 2500mAh and associated charger. They seem fine too, but I guess I won't know quite how good until I've used them for a while.

T

Tom Voegeli

Read the manual and try the commander mode. You can use the SB-600 off the camera, without wires, and have full iTTL exposure control. It's awesome!

Make sure you read the manual and understand how to get it out of that mode as well. Figuring out how things work -without the manual- can be impossible.

I have passed the strobist site on a few times. Its not about any specific flash but its a good place to learn what can be done with small flashes. A good place to start.

Latest threads

Top Bottom