Any zoom lenses that render points of light in a nice star pattern?

I keep my 35-70mm f/2.8 lens for exactly that purpose, the star shape of light.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Perfect example.

It has to do with the aperture blade design, some are better than others. I hear the new 28 1.8 does very well in this regard... Of course you can add them in post :)

The stars were enhanced in this one...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I keep my 35-70mm f/2.8 lens for exactly that purpose, the star shape of light.
View attachment 1368109
Hey. I am from Argentina and here is very difficult to buy new lenses because several reasons like the exchange of the our currency and the US dolar, inflation and now the lockdown.

So I had a strike of luck and bought this lens but without the original hood. Also I read the Ken Rockwell review of this lens and he recommended for integration within a larger professional Nikon system, to use a 62mm -> 77mm adapter ring, and treat this as 77mm lens.

So what happened with the hood if you plan to use it in a D-750? Can I use a different hood model for 77mm instead of the original HB-1?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English. Regards.

Can I use a different hood model for 77mm instead of the original HB-1?
Yes. Just be aware that the length of the lens hood that fits the 77mm filter size will probably be a little shorter than the hood that fits your 62mm filter size. If I'm right about that, there will be situations when it won't prevent as much flare as the hood designed for the lens. The new lens hood would actually have to be longer than the original hood to eliminate the same flare the original hood would prevent. Having said that, no lens hood prevents flare in all situations, so I think you should go for it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom