Anybody here own a Leica?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SRA, Oct 25, 2005.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    And is it worth it? Assuming you can afford it, of course.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The only way I would ever shoot another roll of film would be if some were to give me a old leica...
    I had one of the Minolta's that were the same as a Leica for about 8 months 20 years ago.. I was a great camera but I needed money for a car repair so I sold it.
    But one of the M5's or M6's.. Man what a great camera.
    But the key word in my statement about shooting film again is if I were given one.. :biggrin:

3. I actually have 2 - a black last 999 M6 and a chrome M7. Almost bought a MP a while ago.

Worth it? To me, yes. If you like film and the simplicity of a rangefinder, go for it.

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Well, there is a Leica convention in San Francisco this weekend. :biggrin:

I would love to have an M6 or R seriers, especially and R with a digital back. Heck, I would settle for a Leica lens adapter for Nikon.

Scott, Leica is like Sig Sauer I think...

Regards,

5. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Patrick
    I believe an M42 converter would allow you to use some of the screw Leica lenses - albeit on manual only.

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Patrick,

I held an M6 last month and that exact thought came to my mind. In fact, the said owner of the camera also owns Sigs and agreed with my assessment. That camera is so impressive but the lenses slay me $$$$$.

Here is some of the impetus for my interest in Leica's. This Exibit (Rodney Smith) is currently in town until January. His photographs of women and dancers are some of my favorite.